Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
I turned on feature "use instead for phone" - then my phone app icon disappeared. I turned off the CallBar mobile substrate in sbsettings & uninstalled Callbar. Messed everything up.

Since then i reset my iOS to regain my phone app, i rejailbroke, i reinstalled everything. Phone is nice and stable, but callbar refuses to work no matter what i try - i tried installing, repring, reinstall, reboot. I looked through ifile for any clues but had no luck.

Now when I use activator gesture to use CallBar nothing comes to screen, there is no reaction to swipe to hang up when dialing a number through clicking a contact, and I do not get the pop up at the top when I get an incoming call.

Is there any reason why CallBar or any App would not work after a reset if I uninstalled the App with the mobile substrate/dylib turned off?

Where are dylibs located in iFile?l

Last edited:

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Ive already done that. Now im at the point after that
Sorry. Could you summarize your tome and ask exactly what help you're looking for?

If it's how to get back jb settings, you can't. There are apps that allow you to bring back all the jb packages, but I'm nost sure if they bring back settings. And you have to run the app before you hose your device.

P.S.
If you've already done a DFU restore, then you're back to stock. How you got there is irrelevant.

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Installed callbar, changed to use for phone, phone icone dissapeared, turned off mobile substrate, unistalled callbar, callbar broken, no phone icon... Reset iphone to dfu, reinstalled 6.0, rejailbroke, reinstalled all aps, callbar still broken, how do i fix callbar to work?

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Installed callbar, changed to use for phone, phone icone dissapeared, turned off mobile substrate, unistalled callbar, callbar broken, no phone icon... Reset iphone to dfu, reinstalled 6.0, rejailbroke, reinstalled all aps, callbar still broken, how do i fix callbar to work?

DFU Mode Restore - Setup as new - Install Call Bar check if there still a issues( i would say it will be fine) then if that works start to reinstall everything else one by one to see what causes your call bar issue

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
DFU Mode Restore - Setup as new - Install Call Bar check if there still a issues( i would say it will be fine) then if that works start to reinstall everything else one by one to see what causes your call bar issue

I already did a dfu reset & set up as new phone since it all happened the 1st time.. Why would doing that once more fix the problem?

I have all the same tweaks/apps as when CallBar was working and im running into the same issue with this tweak. I am able to call out using contacts etc but it will cause an auto redial effect over and over until i turn off my phone. Is there maybe some files i must edit or something similar? I reinstalled a few times different ways as well, resprung with MobSub on and off a few times, reboot, reinstall etc. is this tweak broken forever?

Last edited:

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
If setting up as a new phone (no restore, whatsoever!) still hasn't fixed it then you are SOL.

Yah it was set up as new phone, after which i did restore my old apps from itunes but i made the save of those apps ages before i ever jb'ed or did the stupid manuver of deleting callbar with the dylib turned off - my last question then is why the hell does this happen to apps/tweaks and why is this impossible to fix? Its a god damn file structure based system?? How can this be unfixable? It just doesnt make sense in my small brain

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
BTW, there's nothing wrong with Callbar. I am using it and I have not lost my phone icon.

Given this, it is something you are doing that is causing this. My guess, the restore.

1. DFU
2. Reinstall 6.1.2

Is the Phone icon there?

3. JB
4. Install call bar

Is the Phone icon there?

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Like i know youre helping but if you would please read my posts again it would be more clear what is happening - callbar WORKED FINE, i had turned the option on "use callbar as phone" - when i did that, my phone icon disappeared. After that i unistalled CALLBAR with the dylib off yada yada yada - i wiped andt setup my phone brand new - phone icon restored! But callbar will not work still, im guessing its having something to do with the dylib

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2013
The fact that your phone icon disappeared when disabling it means all was probably not fine to begin with, I've enabled and disabled callbar without issue.

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
The fact that your phone icon disappeared when disabling it means all was probably not fine to begin with, I've enabled and disabled callbar without issue.

Okay again it didnt happen when i disabled call bar.. The 2nd ooption down is "use call ar for phone" - when i hit that button and resprung, phone icon missing - reversing the option didnt restore my phone icon, it may have been a respring error but in my panic and inexperience at the time i didnt think about that - now my phone icon is back after reset but callbar refuses to work properly because previous to resetting my phone i UNINSTALLED CALLBAR WITH THE MOBILE SUBSTRATE TURNED OFF

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
I give up. You clearly do not want to get your Phone icon back.
My phone icon is back though :raises eyebrow: im having trouble getting CALLBAR to come up on my homescreen.. I feel like what im typing isnt what im reading, are my post confusing?

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
My phone icon is back though :raises eyebrow: im having trouble getting CALLBAR to come up on my homescreen.. I feel like what im typing isnt what im reading, are my post confusing?

Yes, they are confusing because you include so much irrelevant information, your first post being a prime example. Franky, I don't know why you started this thread. You're already convinced it has something to do with dylib and or substrate.

Good luck.

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Okay so being rude is the answer, instead of simply telling me that it was confusing? Youre right the first post was too filled with garbage. I included the information in hopes that people would not post replies saying just reset in DFU mode, then reinstall 6.x new. Because I've already done that twice. I don't know what's causing the error with callbar, the information I included was a failed attempt to give background of what may be causing the problem. Sorry about that.

I was hoping some one could provide insight on why after uninstalling callbar with the mobile substrate turned off in sbsettings would cause the app to not work properly, even after a fresh reset.

"Your first post is a little too wordy. What's the matter?"

That was first reply, to which I replied a short and very simple to read post of what I did and how I got to the point I'm at today..

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Wow this is strange. I have a 4S on 6.1.2 and I use CallBar. Matter of fact its one of my must have tweaks. My phone icon has never disappeared from using CallBar. You sure you didn't hide the icon with springtomize or something similar on a previous setup and when the settings got carried over from a backup? Sorry if you answered this alread, I didn't read through the entire post.

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Sounds to me as if your config (plist file) have got screwed up but without looking at the files i wouldn't want to advise you on deleting the call bar plist just incase that cause your more issues.

Every issues if fixable but it really depends on your knowledge of IOS, must people advise DFU mode restore - rejailbreak - install 1 tweak at a time as this is the best solution for the average user and save's alot of hassle troubleshooting with people that seem to know what there already doing.

I'm not saying you that sort of person but why do these people post a question in the forums if they already know the answer?

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Sounds to me as if your config (plist file) have got screwed up but without looking at the files i wouldn't want to advise you on deleting the call bar plist just incase that cause your more issues.

Every issues if fixable but it really depends on your knowledge of IOS, must people advise DFU mode restore - rejailbreak - install 1 tweak at a time as this is the best solution for the average user and save's alot of hassle troubleshooting with people that seem to know what there already doing.

I'm not saying you that sort of person but why do these people post a question in the forums if they already know the answer?

I know a lot about computer programs and just a little bit about iOS apps. If there was a little direction included in the deleting/pasting/creating of the plist, or what process it would take to fix this, at least a starting point, I might be able to fix the problem. Even a directory to look under for these to find these files might help! Thanks you :)

----------

Wow this is strange. I have a 4S on 6.1.2 and I use CallBar. Matter of fact its one of my must have tweaks. My phone icon has never disappeared from using CallBar. You sure you didn't hide the icon with springtomize or something similar on a previous setup and when the settings got carried over from a backup? Sorry if you answered this alread, I didn't read through the entire post.

I love it too. The icon isn't the issue although my first post caused some confusion.

I have DFU reset and fresh install(not restore) of iOS 6 and I cannot get the CallBar app to slide onto the sb with activator. I did uninstall CallBar before DFU reset with the mobile substrate turned OFF. In sbsettings there is large red warning against this, so I am ASSUMING it has something to do with that. Although I have NO IDEA. Any guidance or tips on plists for CallBar would beetle appreciated!

Edit: found info.plist in var/stash after google search, is this what needs to be looked at or edited? Any ideas on what I'm looking for? Is there another .plist.

Thanks for any help, sorry for causing grief

Last edited:

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
After 20 posts, is this what you've been trying to do, get the Callbar app to slide onto the springboard using Activator?
Yes

The entire app in terms of how the app is supposed to work is broken. I edited my first post upon the reply you gave me. If you're going to just continue being rude me because I wasn't clear enough, well I'm sorry.. I just wanted some help. His response was much different than yours and it allowed for a better response from me I guess.

I replied this to you
Eclipse538 said:
Installed callbar, changed to use for phone, phone icone dissapeared, turned off mobile substrate, unistalled callbar, callbar broken, no phone icon... Reset iphone to dfu, reinstalled 6.0, rejailbroke, reinstalled all aps, callbar still broken, how do i fix callbar to work

To which you replied
BTW, there's nothing wrong with Callbar. I am using it and I have not lost my phone icon.

Given this, it is something you are doing that is causing this. My guess, the restore.

1. DFU
2. Reinstall 6.1.2

Is the Phone icon there?

3. JB
4. Install call bar

Is the Phone icon there?

I am trying to get CallBar to slide onto the home screen when I use the activator setting I've set for it and it will not do this. Why are you being like that man? It's just hurtful to mock someone like that

Last edited:

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
You ignore my advice so I don't know why I bother.

Answer a simple question.

Have you;

1. Stock 6.1.2, i.e., NO RESTORE, NO APP INSTALLS
2. jb
3. JUST INSTALLED CALLBAR WITH NO OTHER APPS

If so, does callbar work correctly?

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
You ignore my advice so I don't know why I bother.

Answer a simple question.

Have you;

1. Stock 6.1.2
2. jb
3. JUST INSTALLED CALLBAR WITH NO OTHER APPS

If so, does callbar work correctly?

Yes, no restore and I jailbroke and added SBsettings and Activator 1st before i added stock apps and it does not.

Dude I am tired of your attitude towards me. I even edited my first post in hoes you lay off. If you wanna be a dick to me cuz I suck at asking a question. ill ask one much simpler.

Will you please stop?

honestly if you're not gonna be kind/fair/open/understanding why do you bother to help me. This is not fun being treated like **** for being too wordy or miscommunicating.

Last edited:

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Yes, and it does not.

Dude honestly if you're not gonna be kind/fair/open/understanding why do you bother to help me. This is not fun being treated like **** for being too word or miscommunicating.

What is your definition of not working correctly, dude?

Do you mean when someone calls you, you don't see a banner across the top of the screen indicating who is calling?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.