Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucasfer899

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
London
Probably been asked before but,when I am listening to one of my playlists in iTunes, am I wearing anything out [ ie harddrive etc ] ?

Thanks

When I am doing a month long render on my PC putting 100% load on all 6 CPU cores, both GPU's, ALL of my RAM, and constant random reads and writes to my SSD, am I wearing anything out? :confused:

Kidding! :rolleyes:
Nope, you're fine, the computer is being worn out by just existing, you are definitely not harming it by listening to iTunes playlists for extensive amounts of time ;)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Probably been asked before but,when I am listening to one of my playlists in iTunes, am I wearing anything out [ ie harddrive etc ] ?
It won't wear anything out any more than other things you do with your computer. They all wear out eventually, but they're meant to be used. I've been running iTunes (among many other things) extensively for 5 years on my MBP and it still shows no signs of wearing out.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
When I am doing a month long render on my PC putting 100% load on all 6 CPU cores, both GPU's, ALL of my RAM, and constant random reads and writes to my SSD, am I wearing anything out? :confused:

Kidding! :rolleyes:
Nope, you're fine, the computer is being worn out by just existing, you are definitely not harming it by listening to iTunes playlists for extensive amounts of time ;)

I would be interested to know how much wear THAT puts on the computer actually ;)

lucasfer899

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
London
Probably not much, things don't really put "wear" on computer hardware, but I've had this machine almost a year now, and not once has it ever crashed on me, cut off, bluscreened or anything, it's always on 24/7. However does get the occasional restart. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.