Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Jan 21, 2002, 09:13 AM   #1
grrr223
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to grrr223
Help, Hotline won't open in native OS X mode!

Hotline client 1.8.5 is a carbonized app that should be able to run natively under OS X. I had it running that way before x-mas break, but when I came back, I decided to reinstall OS X for the hell of it, and now it only opens under classic. And this pisses me off because it is the ONLY app I use regularly that doesn't run natively. I know that Hotline is going through some legal troubles, and downloading it isn't the simplest thing to do, but does anyone have a link to a copy of it that they know runs natively, or is there something I need to do to keep it from opening up in classic mode? Thank you.
grrr223 is offline   0
Old Jan 21, 2002, 09:32 AM   #2
whfsdude
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to whfsdude Send a message via Skype™ to whfsdude
Arrow :-(

I wish I could help you but I can I don't use HL You might want to check out http//www.carracho.com It's a lot better and it's mac only
whfsdude is offline   0
Old Jan 21, 2002, 11:17 AM   #3
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus

Arrow Hotline X installer launches Classic...

not sure....u will probably just have to suffer through downloading it again...

funny though....when I downloaded Hotline for X, when I went to install it, Classic launched so I could install it for X....weird
eyelikeart is offline   0
Old Jan 21, 2002, 01:23 PM   #4
grrr223
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to grrr223
The installer is written in classic, it is a classic application, but it is carbonized, so it should run natively in OS X, correct? I'd use carracho except that there are a few servers that I rely on that are on hotline. I never had as good a success with carracho as with hotline for some reason.
grrr223 is offline   0
Old Jan 21, 2002, 01:33 PM   #5
evildead
macrumors 65816

permissions

When you reinstalled OS X the permissions may have been reset for Hotline X. Or the user or group that owns it may not exist anymore.

grrr223 is right... the installer it classic but the app is carbon. You will proabably need to reinstall it if you dont know how to fix the permissions (if thats the problem) I like Carracho better my self. Better app and better community.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 01:42 PM   #6
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus

yeah it's weird.....it works fine though....
eyelikeart is offline   0
Old Jan 21, 2002, 05:58 PM   #7
mac15
macrumors 68040

use pitbull pro is works fine mine
mac15 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion