Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ellergek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Has anyone noticed that Mophie just announced the Juice Pack Air for the iPhone 5, which has a 1700 mAh battery compared to the 1500 mAh battery found in their Juice Pack Helium? Damn, I just got a Helium and now they released the Air! It never pays to be an early adopter, does it?

rocksyoursock

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
So according to the specs the Air is slightly thicker and heavier and has slightly better battery life.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
and my Helium is returned. Unreal they couldn't have come out with them at the same time.

Ladon08

macrumors member
May 16, 2012
Yep. Sent in a return request as well. That's a little silly that it turned out that way. Oh well.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
sad...so sad....just ordered the red. I loved the product red one for the 4S. Probably the longest case I had on my phone in years. Too bad it will be March 22. SOOOOO LOONNNGG. This iPhone 5s better be the exact same size!!

edit: ended switching for the black. The red looks like it has a grey bezel. Was hoping it was black.

Last edited:

Steevie

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
Wait so whats the difference besides battery life? The Air is thinner and lighter?

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
The Helium is lighter and thinner, not by much. The Air has all the buttons covered, which in my opinion is muuuchhh better.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Anyone received theirs, ordered direct from Mophie? Hope mine comes this week. I'm from the UK so it'll likely be a little longer than some others.

I bought the Helium then returned it the moment the Air was announced. 200mah more is always nice, but it's the covered buttons that I really want, the recessed buttons in the Helium weren't ideal.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I'm curious when they are going to be shipping these things. 7-10 days has passed for me and I haven't got my shipping confirmation.

After the disappointing Helium, I am really looking forward to the Air. This looks to be the case they should have released to begin with.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I'm curious when they are going to be shipping these things. 7-10 days has passed for me and I haven't got my shipping confirmation.

After the disappointing Helium, I am really looking forward to the Air. This looks to be the case they should have released to begin with.

I actually received my Helium 2 days before my shipment confirmation, so don't be surprised if it just turns up.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
they have the Helium at the local ATT store- i didn't like where the power switch is- its a design flaw in my opinion... I will get the Air

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
they have the Helium at the local ATT store- i didn't like where the power switch is- its a design flaw in my opinion... I will get the Air

A design flaw? Are you kidding me?

Alright I'm done.

ellergek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I just got my JuicePack Air and love the fact that the buttons are covered; however, the volume buttons don't have much play and the "do not disturb" switch just above the volume buttons feels like it has no movement. Overall though, I do like the fit and finish of the Air, because it feels a little more rubbery and less slippery than the Helium. Also, my Helium was showing signs of wear after just a week or two, and the Air feels more durable.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Good good, look forward to mine arriving shortly. The Juice Pack Air I had for my 4 was grippier than the Helium Ive returned, so I think I know what you mean.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
I just got my JuicePack Air and love the fact that the buttons are covered; however, the volume buttons don't have much play and the "do not disturb" switch just above the volume buttons feels like it has no movement. Overall though, I do like the fit and finish of the Air, because it feels a little more rubbery and less slippery than the Helium. Also, my Helium was showing signs of wear after just a week or two, and the Air feels more durable.

That's good to know! Can you please upload pics of the case or make a short video of it?

This case or the Helium combined with an external battery should be the perfect combination for me when I go to Las Vegas and New York later on this year.

VANCIN

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Hello may I ask on what day did you order yours? I hoping mine arrives soon because I have a trip coming up next week. Also was yours shipped regular delivery?

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Ordered on Sunday February 24th. Today is the 10th day of the 7-10 day window. I called Mophie and they said it would be out in a few days. I just said today is day ten. The kind representative stated that it would ship out tomorrow morning and I should receive it on Saturday. Lets see.

VANCIN

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Ordered on Sunday February 24th. Today is the 10th day of the 7-10 day window. I called Mophie and they said it would be out in a few days. I just said today is day ten. The kind representative stated that it would ship out tomorrow morning and I should receive it on Saturday. Lets see.

What shipping option did you use for delivery?

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Mines shipped, not due till Tuesday here in the UK though, boo-urns.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011

I'd call them at least once a day until it arrives. Sure, you can login to their site and track your order, see when it ships, get the tracking number, track it at the shippers site, right to your door, but calling is much better.

Last edited:

Beartato

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
I ordered on 1/25 and it shipped 3/5 night, out for delivery today (3/7) under USPS priority. I live in NYC so there's probably some benefit of frequent, direct shipping between the city and everywhere else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.