Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 14, 2005, 08:09 AM   #1
River Hill
macrumors newbie

Change order of Playlist

I created a playlist for my shuffle and I was wondering how do I change the order of the playlist on the screen? I tried moving things around but it stays with the assigned #
River Hill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 08:31 AM   #2
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

Okay, in the playlist, go to the far left and click on the top translucent bar in order to sort by song order as opposed to however they are being sorted now (such as Artist or Song Name or whatever). Is this what you mean?
Old Oct 14, 2005, 08:35 AM   #3
robbieduncan

If you mean move the actual playlist to a new position in the Sources bar you can't. You can influence where it appears by changing it's name (not the best), but it will always appear in the playlists "section" below any folders in alphbetic order.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 09:11 AM   #4
River Hill
macrumors newbie

What I want is to choose the order so when the songs are downloaded to my item that is how they play when not in shuffle mode. The source area let's me higlight by name, time artist, etc, What I want to do is change the number posistion for example put song #5 as #1
River Hill is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod