Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

River Hill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
I created a playlist for my shuffle and I was wondering how do I change the order of the playlist on the screen? I tried moving things around but it stays with the assigned #

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, in the playlist, go to the far left and click on the top translucent bar in order to sort by song order as opposed to however they are being sorted now (such as Artist or Song Name or whatever). Is this what you mean? :)

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
If you mean move the actual playlist to a new position in the Sources bar you can't. You can influence where it appears by changing it's name (not the best), but it will always appear in the playlists "section" below any folders in alphbetic order.

River Hill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
What I want is to choose the order so when the songs are downloaded to my item that is how they play when not in shuffle mode. The source area let's me higlight by name, time artist, etc, What I want to do is change the number posistion for example put song #5 as #1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.