Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:00 PM   #1
Imola Ghost
macrumors 65816

Help me install this application on a CD while away?

I have an iWork 09 cd that I need to install on my MBP but I'm away from home where the cd is at.

Can my wife insert the cd in the iMac and then I could copy the contents some how?

I use back to my Mac and its very easy to screen share. I've also have a networked hard drive, so I can place the contents of the cd on that. I'm just not sure what or how to create the iWork file to store on the network hard drive.

Ideas?
Imola Ghost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:51 PM   #2
ScoobyMcDoo
macrumors 65816

You could use disk utility to create a dmg from the cd, download the image, then mount the dmg file and install from there.
ScoobyMcDoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Ccrew
macrumors 68000

dropbox/box.net/skydrive
Ccrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:30 AM   #4
AlbertEinstein
macrumors regular

Let me get this straight,

You wish to install iWork 09 over your internet connection by remote connecting to your iMac which is stationed at your home, having your wife insert the disk, and then create a bootable DMG using Disk Utility that you will then place on your Network drive that you will connect to and start the installer from, while also having youre wife sending the activation key to you using some sort of messaging application and thus finish the installation (which is not guaranteed to work).

Seems like a lot of work. What are you going to do with the install? Are you trying to open a document or create one? If it's the latter; just download a open source application that can substitute it temporarily (e.g. OpenOffice).
AlbertEinstein is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion