Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squirrelflight

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
What are mac apps you can download to get rid of pixel problems?
--

I dunno. I can't really see it when the comp is shut down. However here's what it looks like.

On a green background, it appears to be a tiny black dot. It also looks like it's inside one the tiny pixel squares.

On a white background, you can't see it really unless you look very closely, if you put your face to the screen it is black.

I've tried the program JS Screenfix but that didn't word. I own a Macbook Pro. Had it for over 2 years.

It's possible it could be dust, but looks like a pixel...

Just wanna know what you think and how does this happen to pixels anyway?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Each pixel has three components. RGB. Red, green and blue. If one goes you get a colour spot which is more noticeable on some colour backgrounds than others. This is a dead sub pixel (common). If its black the you have a dead pixel (not so common). There really is nothing you can do to get rid. I have heard of people massaging them out, but I think you could do more damage. It might work if it was a lose connection I suppose but my guess is your stuck with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.