Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbone74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
after flirting with android yet again i have decided to sell my s3 and go back to the iphone,i do this periodically i had an s2 and went back to the iphone 4 then i got the s3

I have decided to go back because I miss the smoothness and functionality of the iphone and i am comparing this to a 4 not even a 4s!!!!.....my main problems with the s3 are it is too big and the keyboard is shocking on it,I make so many mistakes its untrue,and even though its quick it does have that slightly jittery feel I only get with androids...there are some great features on it but I dont use them at all its too much phone in every sense for me

this is only a minor point but annoying to me on every android ive ever owned the natwest app crashes consistently....on my old iphone not once did it fail or not start...is this indicative of a lot of apps,im not really a big app user to be honest

im not a gamer either I use twitter and facebook a lot,emails,messages,calls the usual type of stuff

if i get the 4s and save myself roughly 150-200 quid will i have that nagging doubt i should have got the 5...is it head and shoulders above a 4s,or is itbasically a remodeled version of a similar phone

Marrakas

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2012
I have had both the S3, the iphone4 and the 5, and I can say that I liked the 5 much better than the 4. But between the S3 and the 5, it's a close call.

gbone74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
while the phone is snappy,im a bit underwhelmed by it,its nothing I can describe or pinpoint but i feel the speed comes at a cost.There are a million cool features but I am finding them to be useless for me and the screen is just too big for everyday use as simply a phone

when i am in a conversation just scrolling through messages is blisteringly fast but its not smooth there is a definite jerkiness/rough feel to it,same with most of the menus...as an everyday phone for comfort,texting,twitter and the like my old iphone 4 was a pleasure to use,admittedly it wasnt fast per se but the extra speed hasnt floored me as I had hoped

maybe im just not the kind of user to benefit from what big android phones bring to the table and worried a 5 will just be wasted money over the 4s

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
after flirting with android yet again i have decided to sell my s3 and go back to the iphone,i do this periodically i had an s2 and went back to the iphone 4 then i got the s3

I have decided to go back because I miss the smoothness and functionality of the iphone and i am comparing this to a 4 not even a 4s!!!!.....my main problems with the s3 are it is too big and the keyboard is shocking on it,I make so many mistakes its untrue,and even though its quick it does have that slightly jittery feel I only get with androids...there are some great features on it but I dont use them at all its too much phone in every sense for me

this is only a minor point but annoying to me on every android ive ever owned the natwest app crashes consistently....on my old iphone not once did it fail or not start...is this indicative of a lot of apps,im not really a big app user to be honest

im not a gamer either I use twitter and facebook a lot,emails,messages,calls the usual type of stuff

if i get the 4s and save myself roughly 150-200 quid will i have that nagging doubt i should have got the 5...is it head and shoulders above a 4s,or is itbasically a remodeled version of a similar phone

Just go to a store and play with one. How can you decide based on another person's opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.