Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:02 AM   #1
Ric WRX
macrumors newbie

Having a problem with Ipad Mini

When I go to my credit card or bank web site and log in, after I enter my user name and password and hit the login button, it won't let me. It does nothing, so I can't enter the site. If I try on my Iphone, it works. Is it the site or my Ipad mini? This the first time that I have had this problem.
Ric WRX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:05 AM   #2
AppleRobert
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric WRX View Post
When I go to my credit card or bank web site and log in, after I enter my user name and password and hit the login button, it won't let me. It does nothing, so I can't enter the site. If I try on my Iphone, it works. Is it the site or my Ipad mini? This the first time that I have had this problem.
If no previous problem, I say it is the site. Can you call their support center?
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:06 AM   #3
caubeck
macrumors 6502

Try a different browser, like Atomic, and "identify as" Firefox or one of the other choices.
caubeck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:59 AM   #4
TJ61
macrumors 6502a

Are your cookie settings different between iPhone and iPad? If your iPad is not accepting cookies, that could explain it.

Regards,
Tom
TJ61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:10 PM   #5
mostlynameless
macrumors newbie

I got a message from my bank a couple of weeks ago warning me that they were going to stop the iPhone app version from working on the iPad and that I needed to go download their new ipad app. Maybe the same kind of problem?
mostlynameless is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:49 PM   #6
Ric WRX
macrumors newbie

I retried everything today, same problems. When I used my Iphone for this, I just used the safari browser with google and bing both. I don't understand everything was working fine last week
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:02 AM   #7
temna
macrumors 6502

Which bank?
temna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Ric WRX
macrumors newbie

It is a local privately owned bank, which I can access on my Iphone with no problems using the same browser and settings. When I push the log in button nothing happens with my mini.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:04 AM   #9
akdj
macrumors 65816

I bank at a 'local' Mom n Pop bank here in Alaska as well...the last remaining 'local' bank

I've run in to the same issues as you in the past. Specifically with Chrome and/or iCab. It's usually a 'point' release the some how breaks the cookie connection to the bank itself OR...and most likely, it's the bank's software as they've been constantly updating over the past 90 days. I've got a good friend that works for the bank...and apparently they're trying to update their systems for a lot of the new, digital banking and application development for mobile platforms. They released their own little (and extremely basic) app about a month ago. It works fine to check transactions, balances, and other simple options. However...check processing (snapping a picture), transferring between my business acct and personal isn't working...a couple of odds and ends til it's good to go.

You may be going through a similar experience if you're using a 'small' or local M&P bank...they may be updating their software in the background. You may call and check. Others have hit the nail on the head by telling your browser to identify it as an actual browser instead of the mobile version. I use iCab and identify as Safari (OSx). It usually works, but ymmv.

J
akdj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:21 PM   #10
Ric WRX
macrumors newbie

I am using the Safari browser
Old Mar 5, 2013, 08:33 AM   #11
Ric WRX
macrumors newbie

Well, last Friday I did an Icloud backup on my Mini after I installed the new upgrade on my Iphone and now the Mini works like it did before. No more problems with the credit card and bank internet sites. Thanks for all the help.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad