Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I have an iPhone 4 and an ipad 3,both on 6.1.2 and I have some questions that are killing me
1. If my ipad or iPhone has battery less the 10% or less then 20% ,if I charge the ipad and let it charge until 7 in the morning,that means about 8 or 9 hours, is my battery going to be affected?

2. If I use the ipad while it is charging,is the battery going to be affected or get worse?

3. Do I need to use an app from App Store,like battery doctor? And if yes,will it get my battery better?

These are my 3 questions,both for ipad and iPhone,please don't ignore me and answer if you know right,not if you asume and you are not sure,this is really important to me.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Can I charge my iPhone,it is 30% ,and let it charging 10 hours? Will my iPhone burn or explode? I heard on tv and it was iPhone. Sorry for so manny questions.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
No nothing will happen. Once the battery is charged it will not over charge.i have Never heard of an iPhone EXPLODING.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
No nothing will happen. Once the battery is charged it will not over charge.i have Never heard of an iPhone EXPLODING.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
Well, there was one that caught fire after a flight in Australia landed. Result of a bad repair done by a third party repair shop. But it wasn't because of the battery.

The bad old days of the old types of batteries are long gone. Charge them whenever you want at whatever capacity. It won't affect the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.