Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sone3D

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Do I get extra tutorials by paying 99$ to Apple developer program? Does the payment give access to more tutorials and/or guides once you join the program?

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
Uh? What extras?

The one thing I'm positive that you don't have before paying $99 is access to beta SDK downloads and supporting documentation.

In years past Apple has released materials from Apple's World Wide Developer's Conference (WWDC) to the paid site but not the general area. I don't know what they're doing now.

As far as the other poster's comments, I'm not sure what documentation and sample code is only for paid developers.

It's a bit hard to tell without a painstaking comparison. The developer site looks different when you are logged in vs when you aren't, so it would mean taking detailed notes of both versions - which is something I don't really have time for.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Deleted because I was wrong, as shown by the next post.

Last edited:

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
I signed in with a non-paid iOS developer account and found the following.

Betas not available, as expected.

Xcode 4.5.2 shows available for download when I see that 4.6 is the current version available in App Store.

Getting started videos available.

Sample code available.

WWDC videos available
111 for 2010
109 for 2011
113 for 2012 and samples for that year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.