Originally Posted by WhiteIphone5
does the products come with full 1 year limited-warranty? or does it just keep going from when the previous owner purchased date was?
Full 1 year warranty, just like new.
Apple refurbished products are considered by most to be a very good deal, as they're pretty much like buying a new Mac, except for the box.
Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple's stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, all units undergo Apple's stringent quality refurbishment process.
Click the link in that quote for more details on the refurbishment process.
- Apple Certified Refurbished Products are available online from the Apple Refurb Store and are not sold in local Apple stores
- Educational discounts do not apply to refurb products.
- Refurb products come with the same warranty as new products, and qualify for AppleCare
- Refurb products have a changed serial number that identifies them as refurbished
- Refurb products come with whatever OS version and software they originally shipped with as new
- Refurb products come with the same items in the box as new products, only the box is a plain one, not the new box.
- A refurb product could have some cosmetic signs of prior use, but rarely do
- A refurb Mac may have some cycles on the battery, but not a significant enough amount to affect usable life
- The refurb store inventory changes frequently, sometimes several times a day, and doesn't have any direct relation to upcoming product releases. What's available in the refurb store is determined by what has been returned to Apple.
- If you're looking for a particular item, refurb.me can alert you when it becomes available.