Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:26 PM   #1
yaymath
macrumors regular

doo | Document Organizer for Mac

doo has been the top free app on the Mac App Store for the last couple of days. I have downloaded but I have not tried it yet because I don't have time to organize it right now. Still, it looks promising until Apple comes up with a better and simpler solution to organize files.

For those of you who've used it, what do you think of it?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doo-...54739513?mt=12
yaymath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:30 PM   #2
NMF
macrumors 6502a

Reviews look bad. It sounds like the app doesn't respect folder hierarchies and imports everything into a big mess. That means a proprietary library format. It also won't let you make your default folder on a drive other than your primary boot drive.

So, in other words it does absolutely everything wrong.

I'll stick with EagleFiler until something better emerges.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:26 PM   #3
nielsrasmus
macrumors member

I did try it out yesterday.

The concept is good, but it is not a native cocoa application I think it's coded in the Qt widgets toolkit (like the dashlane.app, Picasa.app etc.).

Installing and use is intuitive, Importing documents is fast and the layout of the tool is very good.

But you have to make tags to all your files yourself, the app only organize the documents if it has some sort of metadata connected to the files.

I've deleted the app when I found out that using the features of Spotlight instead is much faster (search in iCloud etc.).

But as I said, the idea behind Doo is nice and intuitive. If the app was built in MacOSX it would a much nicer file manager than Finder :-)

/Niels
nielsrasmus is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store