Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barrett14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I currently am using two exchange email accounts - one being Gmail. I also use the Gmail account for my contacts and calendar.

Everything worked perfectly fine on my iPhone 5 but I had to take it to the Apple store for an unrelated issue. They gave me a new phone and I restored this phone from iCloud. Now - the Gmail account doesn't work at all and my work e-mail (also exchange) simply works "sometimes". I deleted the account and set it up from scratch but it still does not work. I also cross checked it with my iPad and both have the exact same settings (iPad works fine).

The error I am getting for Gmail is "The connection to the server failed"

The error I am getting for my work exchange server is "The Mail server (XXX) is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings"

I am currently on hold with Apple but the lady I am speaking with is pretty clueless.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Updated: my call was disconnected *cry*

barrett14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Found solution for Gmail aspect of it here -https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/gmail/-is:responded/gmail/oGeHuvTPtRM

Still unable to get my work exchange account working.

Edit: Fixed it by deleting account and starting from scratch.

Hope this helps others. Thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.