Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:47 AM   #1
LOLZpersonok
macrumors 6502a
 
LOLZpersonok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, Canada
7th generation iPod Nano stopped playing sound!

It worked all day today. Then, I put it to sleep and didn't use it until now which is when I discovered that it no longer plays ANY sound. Those earbuds work just fine, I tested them.

I don't know what else to say. It is still technically brand new. Please help!
LOLZpersonok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:01 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604
 
Jessica Lares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLZpersonok View Post
It worked all day today. Then, I put it to sleep and didn't use it until now which is when I discovered that it no longer plays ANY sound. Those earbuds work just fine, I tested them.

I don't know what else to say. It is still technically brand new. Please help!
You don't have the Bluetooth activated by any chance?

Try restarting it (you do it like you would an iPod Touch/iPhone). And if all else fails, try restoring it.
__________________
Have You Hugged Your Mac Today?
Daily Expressions | iMac G4 | Late 2011 13" MacBook Pro | iPod Nano (7G) | iPad Mini | iPod Touch (5G) | iPhone 5S
Jessica Lares is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:25 PM   #3
LOLZpersonok
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
LOLZpersonok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
You don't have the Bluetooth activated by any chance?

Try restarting it (you do it like you would an iPod Touch/iPhone). And if all else fails, try restoring it.
Bluetooth wasn't on and I tried restarting it and restoring it. It didn't help
__________________
Black 16GB iPhone 5 | 2.1GHz 20" iMac | Dual 1.2GHz Power Mac G4 | 867MHz 12" PowerBook G4 | 500MHz 14.1" PowerBook G3 | 350MHz iMac G3
LOLZpersonok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:31 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604
 
Jessica Lares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLZpersonok View Post
Bluetooth wasn't on and I tried restarting it and restoring it. It didn't help
Your headphone jack is probably busted then. Call Apple/make a Genius appointment. They'll do an exchange.
__________________
Have You Hugged Your Mac Today?
Daily Expressions | iMac G4 | Late 2011 13" MacBook Pro | iPod Nano (7G) | iPad Mini | iPod Touch (5G) | iPhone 5S
Jessica Lares is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:18 PM   #5
LOLZpersonok
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
LOLZpersonok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Your headphone jack is probably busted then. Call Apple/make a Genius appointment. They'll do an exchange.
As much as I don't want to do an exchange, I'll probably have to exchange it. Thanks for the help anyways.
__________________
Black 16GB iPhone 5 | 2.1GHz 20" iMac | Dual 1.2GHz Power Mac G4 | 867MHz 12" PowerBook G4 | 500MHz 14.1" PowerBook G3 | 350MHz iMac G3
LOLZpersonok is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bluetooth is a dud on the new Apple iPod Nano 7th generation. :-( lshaner iPod 24 Nov 2, 2014 03:04 AM
7th generation iPod Nano battery life Dweez iPod 15 Oct 3, 2014 08:19 AM
7th generation nano Sound quality better than ipod classic? mattg3 iPod 18 Dec 3, 2013 08:49 PM
iPod Nano (7th generation) software update chineseguy38 iPod 5 Dec 17, 2012 05:45 AM
Which are the diferences between the 6th generation ipod nano and the 7th generation? Raafael23 iPod 8 Oct 22, 2012 07:36 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC