Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:41 PM   #1
manilius
macrumors newbie

Untitled DVD.fpbf

I've just been given 4 burnt DVDs by a photographer friend.

When I put them into my superdrive on my 3 year old MacBook Pro running the latest Mountain Lion OS I get 'Untitled DVD.fpbf' on the desktop.

I KNOW there's data on the disk by looking at the burn rings.

But command-I says there's only 8k on each.

Unfortunately the photographer's away on a shoot in Europe and I need to access the data.

Any ideas?

Gratefully appreciated!

Mark.

P.S. I just put a DVD into my superdrive from LoveFilm... That boots ups and plays fine...
manilius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:52 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilius View Post
I've just been given 4 burnt DVDs by a photographer friend.

When I put them into my superdrive on my 3 year old MacBook Pro running the latest Mountain Lion OS I get 'Untitled DVD.fpbf' on the desktop.

I KNOW there's data on the disk by looking at the burn rings.

But command-I says there's only 8k on each.

Unfortunately the photographer's away on a shoot in Europe and I need to access the data.

Any ideas?

Gratefully appreciated!

Mark.

P.S. I just put a DVD into my superdrive from LoveFilm... That boots ups and plays fine...

He seems to have burned the DVD incorrectly, as the "Untitled DVD.fpbf" name is an indicator, that he burned just that Burn folder to a DVD instead of using the Burn command accessible via right clicking on a Burn folder.

If you go to Finder > File > New Burn Folder, you might see the following:
As you can see, I created a Burn Folder, dragged three PNG files into it, which only became aliases (since the Burn Folder is only working with aliases anyway in order to not move files from its original place), which you then (not the aliases, the folder) have to burn via right clicking on the Burn Folder and choosing the "Burn" command.

The GET INFO window also shows you the "fpbf" extension, which further indicates, the photographer burned the data wrong.

The 8 KB files you get are only aliases and will not work, as the original files are not on the DVD anyway.

This is how you normally use Burn Folders: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...os-x-lion.html

PS: I do not have a DVD burner attached to my Mac, thus the folder on my Mac, normally one gets a shortcut to the Burn Folder DVD with that radioactive icon in the Sidebar.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion