Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
Hello. This: http://pastie.org/6342882 is a pastie of all the tweaks I use.

Do any of them stand out as battery or memory hogs? And also, my boot times are super-long (over a minute) and my device slows down after about 4-5 hours after a reboot.

Any ideas what I should remove for a performance enhancement?

Thanks.

Nostalgia

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
I don´t know if you can relate to this but I´m also experiencing something similiar. At least once a day i have to hard reboot (hold home and power button for ~15seconds to restart the device) because it just "stops" working, if i, for example, launch an app, it doesn´t recognize it right away and takes a LONG while to take that action, it just slows down and is not responsive at all.

Besides that, performance is basically the same, I suppose.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
iPhone 4 with 6.1.2

And yes, i've had that happen a few times but not regularly.

Fresh restore btw. It must be because of all the tweaks using CPU/RAM. Just trying to find the worst offenders

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
I *think* it's really a RAM issue i'm having, and since the iPhone 5 has double the iPhone 4's RAM, i'm not surprised

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
iPhone 4 with 6.1.2

And yes, i've had that happen a few times but not regularly.

Fresh restore btw. It must be because of all the tweaks using CPU/RAM. Just trying to find the worst offenders

For me it's either

Winterboard
Auxo

I've re-jailbroken from scratch= 5 times.

xak

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Yeah I had a jailbroken iPhone 4, albeit it was iOS 5.1.1, but it was extremely bogged down by even half the number of tweaks you have and basically slowed down so much that the jailbreak was more of a burden than a perk.

Now that I have the iPhone 5, jailbreaking and the subsequent tweaks I've installed have had minimal, unnoticeable affects on performance speed and thus I've enjoyed it a lot. I've had some random resprings and some slowdowns when fiddling with new packages/settings, but other than that all pragmatic use of my phone has remained sufficiently fast.

iALLOUT4eva

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
PlayDay Land
Winterboard has an issue that kills backgrounded apps wayyyyyyyy before it even needs the ram. It was happening to me anytime my ram went lower than 200. I have iphone 5 on ios 6.1 and everything is as smooth as before JB with a lot of tweaks installed now that winterboard is gone.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
So back to the OP, besides Auxo, does any other tweak stick out as a memory, CPU, or battery hog?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.