Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

angrybirds.jpg
Rovio has sold millions of copies of the games in its Angry Birds series, turning a simple game into a thriving franchise. The company has released several variants of its original Angry Birds app, including Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Rio, and Angry Birds Star Wars, among others.

Today Rovio debuted its upcoming Angry Birds cartoon, titled "Angry Birds Toons." As described by the company, the cartoon is an animated series that takes place on Piggy Island.
Angry Birds Toons is an all-new animated series that throws the doors to Piggy Island wide open! For the first time ever, you can get up close and personal with your favorite characters. Join us every week starting the weekend of March 16th for a brand new episode featuring the latest adventures of the birds and pigs!
The cartoons, which will be limited to the web, will be featured on the Angry Birds Toons page each week, beginning on March 16. Rovio is also currently working on an Angry Birds feature film, which is set to debut in 2016.

Article Link: Rovio's 'Angry Birds Toons' to Launch on March 16

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
People are still dumb enough to spend money on the same game over and over? Lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Going head to head with the Cyanide and Happiness Show for my weekly episode length of free time.

omgwut

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
Oh my god Rovio, do something new already. Angry Birds needs to just ****ing die.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
They are great games but I just don't get all the spinoff stuff. To me it's all about the gameplay, I don't see the appeal of stuffed animals or any of the other merchandise.

janstett

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2006
Chester, NJ
this has officially jumped the shark

They jumped the shark when they did the promotional tie in with Rio. Since then they've backed over the shark, pounded into the shark, been crushed by the shark, and been lined in a layer of silt on the bottom of the ocean.

green94

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
Milk it until it runs dry... can't say I blame them. My kid still digs the game, I'm sure he'll enjoy this as well.

Born Again

macrumors 601
May 12, 2011
Norcal
I never liked this stupid game.

People thought they were being cute by saying "I like angry birds"

Shut up!!!!

Whew that felt good to say

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I hope the angry birds craze dies down soon.
Normally I'd agree but you know... for $5 wasted you get quite a long ride. I don't play it often but as a time-killer I feel I get my money's worth. Mildly challenging and cheap. Rovio found the sweet spot with this.

upthetoffees

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
I'm actually surprised at how much I have spend on Angry Birds games - 'oh only 89 cents? Oh harmless.. click...' when I only really kinda enjoyed the first one. Last one was Star Wars, which was fun to a minimal extent but I wouldn't pay them any more money. They are right to milk but there is not really a nice product there any more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.