Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:05 PM   #26
drewyboy
macrumors 6502a

if this isn't whoring a product... I really don't know what is.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:01 PM   #27
MaxDrago
macrumors newbie

Grrr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMNT925 View Post
People are still dumb enough to spend money on the same game over and over? Lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.
If you like pigs... the lipstick is irrelevant. If it's fun, buy it... If it's not, don't. No need to call others dumb because they like something, or it's popular enough to crossover a boundary somewhere.

My pigs are Warcraft, Halo, Diablo, etc. They've smeared 'lipstick' all over those franchises and they're still going strong, like Madden, Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Mario, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, even Pac Man... The last few with crossovers too (good or bad). There's nothing wrong with building a franchise that can cross media boundaries. They may not always do it well, but if they can... more power to them and less whining from us.

I smell bacon...
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:35 AM   #28
Mactendo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDrago View Post
My pigs are Warcraft, Halo, Diablo, etc. They've smeared 'lipstick' all over those franchises and they're still going strong, like Madden, Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Mario, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, even Pac Man... The last few with crossovers too (good or bad). There's nothing wrong with building a franchise that can cross media boundaries. They may not always do it well, but if they can... more power to them and less whining from us.
But still the games you mention were done with great taste. Just imagine if each month we'd see something like: Diablo, Diablo vs Pigs, Diablo Rio, Diablo in Space, Diablo Star Wars, Diablo Toons, Diablo The Movie, Diablo Theme Park, Diablo Plush Toys, Diablo Boys Names, Diablo for president...

Even for a smart and fun game it'll be too much, not even mentioning those dumb birds.
Mactendo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:14 PM   #29
adamjb22
macrumors newbie

Well... I know what Ill be watching... My 4yr old son loves these damn birds. It has to be an upgrade from sponge bob though right?
adamjb22 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:35 PM   #30
MrDc2
macrumors regular

$$$
MrDc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:51 PM   #31
JAT
macrumors 603

One question

Aren't they already toons?

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion