Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Mokyun
macrumors newbie

MacBook Air keyboard issue...

Hello macforums. My MacBook Air 2011 is having an issue with its keyboard. The issue is that a few keys are unresponsive and stop working then start working again. Then it repeats. It's really frustrating when trying to type something and my 1, a, q and backspace don't work. (Yes those are the keys that fluctuate in responsiveness.) There had been no sort of water damage or anything like that. This problem could simply be a hardware issue but if any other forms of problems that even slightly pertain to this issue; please let me know! Thanks for reading this lengthy post~ oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my password uses the 1 key. Annnnd it kinda sucks not to be able to log in sometimes...

Also good to note that when I am on bootcamp, the keyboard works perfectly fine. I really don't know what could possibly be wrong!

Edit:
Ok bootcamp is not doing my keyboard justice no more... Now i really don't know what could possibly be wrong!

Last edited by Mokyun; Feb 26, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
Mokyun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:41 PM   #2
BeeJee
macrumors 6502

You should probably change your password so it doesn't have a 1 if it doesn't work in OSX or Windows then its probably a hardware issue. Gotta take it in to Apple and have them check it out for you. Hopefully you still have AppleCare
BeeJee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 08:15 AM   #3
ahermann
macrumors newbie

Hi. Did you have any luck in solving this problem? I have a similar problem of non-responsive keys, and those also are "a", "1" and backspace.

I still did not have time to go to Apple Service to have them check it out.
ahermann is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 09:55 AM   #4
BenTrovato
macrumors 6502a

I had a similar issue. I tried all of the keyboard suggestions on the forums and nothing worked. Took it in and they had to replace the keyboard. They kept trying to suggest that I spilled liquid on it and that they would know once they opened it up which was extremely annoying since that absolutely did not happen. Took about 5 days for the service under warranty or else the fee was $180.
BenTrovato is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 12:19 PM   #5
ratboy90
macrumors 6502

Friend of mine just had this. Take it to apple. He got his replaced.
ratboy90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air