Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Im goung to try to repair on my own. But when i go to ebay it shows glass replacement and there are others called digitizer. My phone fell and screen cracked theyre not deep cracks but you can kinda feel it when moving your finger around.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
The digitizer is the part that detects your finger presses. Usually it's the same as the front glass.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Im goung to try to repair on my own. But when i go to ebay it shows glass replacement and there are others called digitizer. My phone fell and screen cracked theyre not deep cracks but you can kinda feel it when moving your finger around.

You want the glass part, but you're going to have a hard time getting it off the digitizer since it's fused together.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
You'll have to buy the whole front replacement. Make sure you buy a kit that comes with the tools needed. I find the plastic peeler tool useful in pulling up hard to remove parts.

Keep in mind this process requires going from the back all the way to the front...So you are going to take your phone apart COMPLETELY. Take the time to think about other things you will want to replace on the phone too:

1. Dented or scratched silver bezel? You can get one for $15.
2. Home button loose or scratched? Get a new one
3. Back battery cover cracked or scratched up? $12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.