Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
Got my replacement yesterday, installed chrome(from googles site) and magic prefs. Started copying files from my external to a folder on the desktop. Decided to try to make a FaceTime call, no luck, the camera won't turn on. Also tried photobooth, skype and a website that will show your camera. Nothing, green light doesn't even come on. Checked the system profiler and it registers that the camera is there. I've restarted, checked and repaired disk permissions, reset the SMC. Currently running an extended hardware test(does that even check the camera?), ran a quick hardware test and it showed no errors.

Anyone have additional ideas before I call apple support?

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
Final update. Getting a 2nd replacement, Apple rep said something about an additional hardware check on the new mac, me getting to check and make sure that one works, sending this one in after I'm satisfied and them calling to "fix my relationship with Apple" at a later date.:rolleyes:
Let's hope the 3rd iMac is the charm.
Definitely didn't expect any of this and I'm more than kinda disappointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.