Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:49 AM   #1
SilentLoner
macrumors 65816

What do you all think of this article?

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/break...143531099.html
SilentLoner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:03 AM   #2
rhett7660
macrumors G3

I laughed,, I laughed harder at the comments.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:49 AM   #3
SilentLoner
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
I laughed,, I laughed harder at the comments.
On Yahoo! there is a lot of anti apple sentiment.
SilentLoner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:19 PM   #4
rhett7660
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentLoner View Post
On Yahoo! there is a lot of anti apple sentiment.
This I did not know as whole, but the comments were cracking me up. Some people...... Kind of reminding me a lot of folks from other tech blogs jumped on the anti-bandwagon....
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:28 PM   #5
vrDrew
macrumors 65816

I think there a lot of people who are kidding themselves over Google's prospects.

Self-driving cars? A nice idea, but still many, many years from widespread acceptance. And, when they DO show up - aren't they going to be made by Toyota, Honda and Ford?

Google Glass? Don't make me laugh. Who except the nerdiest tech-geek is going to walk around with them strapped to their head. Would you sit down to eat with someone wearing then, not knowing if and/or when they were going to turn on the little camera to record you chewing your marble-rye sandwich?

Chromebooks, etc.? Meh. There isn't much particularly interesting there.

Which leaves Google to sell precisely what at their Google Stores? Ad-Sense? Maps? GMail accounts? YouTube videos? All good enough - but not exactly the sort of product you can ring up on your MasterCard.

The fact that Google thinks it needs to copy Apple (by opening retail stores) tells yu which company is the true innovator - at least in the consumer products marketplace.
vrDrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:08 AM   #6
jayducharme
macrumors 68020

So the pundit's main gripe against Apple is, "We don't know what Apple is doing in the future." Just because Google has shown its current lineup doesn't mean Apple is resting on its laurels. Apple is great at identifying what people don't yet realize they need. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I can't see a future where everyone is wearing odd glasses that constantly feed them information.
jayducharme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2013, 02:20 AM   #7
LethalWolfe
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrDrew View Post
I think there a lot of people who are kidding themselves over Google's prospects.

Self-driving cars? A nice idea, but still many, many years from widespread acceptance. And, when they DO show up - aren't they going to be made by Toyota, Honda and Ford?
Every infant technology is many years away from mainstream viability at some point (ex. HDTV was invented in the 60's). I doubt Google is going to make the actual cars and I doubt Toyota, Ford, etc., are going to build their own self-driving technology from the ground up.

Quote:
Google Glass? Don't make me laugh.
I'm sure Apple's version will look much more hip.

Quote:
The fact that Google thinks it needs to copy Apple (by opening retail stores) tells yu which company is the true innovator - at least in the consumer products marketplace.
Gateway Country stores existed before Apple stores so I guess that means Apple isn't a "true innovator" either.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 03:25 AM   #8
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalWolfe View Post
Every infant technology is many years away from mainstream viability at some point (ex. HDTV was invented in the 60's). I doubt Google is going to make the actual cars and I doubt Toyota, Ford, etc., are going to build their own self-driving technology from the ground up.

I'm sure Apple's version will look much more hip.

Gateway Country stores existed before Apple stores so I guess that means Apple isn't a "true innovator" either.
Agree about the cars, however Apple glasses will be just as dumb as Google glasses for me at least. I'm pretty unhip though.

Stores? Meh.
decafjava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:16 PM   #9
satcomer
macrumors 601

Well if you really want to see what the real Google Glasses will be like may like the funny video ADmented Reality - Google Glasses Remixed with Google Ads.
satcomer is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion