Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1
neteng101
macrumors 6502a

LCD Backlight Not Always Turning On?

Wondering if anyone has seen this - there's times after sleep, I reopen the display, the machine comes back to live, but the LCD backlight doesn't turn on (but if you look carefully, the LCD itself is alive). Close display, reopen, and it comes back to life/lights up. Seeing this on my 2010 13" MBA... might be time for me to take it in since its still under AppleCare.
neteng101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:46 PM   #2
martinm0
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by neteng101 View Post
Wondering if anyone has seen this - there's times after sleep, I reopen the display, the machine comes back to live, but the LCD backlight doesn't turn on (but if you look carefully, the LCD itself is alive). Close display, reopen, and it comes back to life/lights up. Seeing this on my 2010 13" MBA... might be time for me to take it in since its still under AppleCare.
Pretty sure I had the same thing happen on my 2011 13" MBA. I would just use the backlight keys and turn it up vs closing and opening again. I've since sold the machine, but I thought it was software related not hardware.

Incidentally, I had similar issues with a new 2012 27" iMac in Target Display mode. Could see the image, but couldn't activate the backlight. Had to send that out for replacement.
martinm0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air