Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:13 PM   #1
MattMJB0188
macrumors 65816

Angry But I don't want the iPad 5 to resemble the Mini!

Apple is loosing their touch. First we get a horribly designed iphone 5 ( a step down in looks from the 4s) now we are going to get a larger iPad Mini!!!!???

I want the iPad 5 to look just like the iPad 3/4 but with updated internals. It's already perfect, why make it thinner and lighter? The iPhone 5 feels too light and cheap. I don't want that feeling in the iPad 5!!

Jesus Christ!!!!
MattMJB0188 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:21 PM   #2
irDigital0l
macrumors 68030

first world problems

irDigital0l is offline   11 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:22 PM   #3
MattMJB0188
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
first world problems

Yep.
MattMJB0188 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:49 PM   #4
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
Yep.
Aren't we all??

Being in this forum, 90% of all tread is Ipad spec& design related.
racoonboy is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:54 PM   #5
cwwilson
macrumors 6502a

Too bad, because I do.
cwwilson is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:56 PM   #6
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Apple is loosing their touch. First we get a horribly designed iphone 5 ( a step down in looks from the 4s) now we are going to get a larger iPad Mini!!!!???

I want the iPad 5 to look just like the iPad 3/4 but with updated internals. It's already perfect, why make it thinner and lighter? The iPhone 5 feels too light and cheap. I don't want that feeling in the iPad 5!!

Jesus Christ!!!!

Im with you about the Iphone 5 is a step down in looks comparing to 4/4s, materials too.

If ipad 5 use ipad mini materials and scuff easy, i might not upgrade.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:36 PM   #7
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Why don't you wait until the iPad 5 is announced before complaining about it?
ucfgrad93 is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:53 PM   #8
TyPod
macrumors 68000

Quote:
First we get a horribly designed iphone 5
I'm sure I won't be the only one to disagree with you on this comment. I respect your opinion though!
TyPod is offline   14 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:55 PM   #9
TheMTtakeover
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Jesus Christ!!!!
Jesus, if you don't like it then don't buy it. No need to come on here crying like a baby.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:57 PM   #10
buysp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Why don't you wait until the iPad 5 is announced before complaining about it?
Yes i agree.
Who knows the iPad 5 may surprise us all.
buysp is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:57 PM   #11
sonicpace
macrumors newbie

I don't think the iPhone 5 is a step down, although I also prefer the design of the iPhone 4/4S, the new design has several benefits being that it weighs less and is also slimmer. The trade-off is that it shows wear. Scratches, scuffs, and dents will show much more easily, making it look "used" in a far shorter amount of time, when compared to it's predecessor.

If Apple applied a better anodized coating to the aluminium this would be less of an issue, but maybe the iPhone 5S will improve this shortcoming.
sonicpace is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:04 PM   #12
MattMJB0188
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMTtakeover View Post
Jesus, if you don't like it then don't buy it. No need to come on here crying like a baby.
Because some of us want the latest specs, just not a mini design. They need to keep the current design and update the internals.

If they don't, then those of us who want to upgrade are forced on the new design.

As of lately, Apple's new designs are not innovating and the ip5 was a huge step down from the 4s. Just wish the 4S had LTE.
MattMJB0188 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:13 PM   #13
Essenar
macrumors 6502

I haven't decided how I feel about this. On one hand, I really love the idea of a thin, lighter bezel because my iPad does feel a little huge to carry around. On the other hand, I like that my iPad feels very sturdy. The iPad 4 is plenty enough. We don't need a 5 just yet and we should get a more 'metallic' surrounding on the bezel, akin to the iPhone 4S.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:14 PM   #14
maxosx
macrumors 68020

I don't think Apples lost their touch.

It just that they appear to be adrift in a sea of uncertainty. We've seen what they're capable of, but it's been too long since they've done their best work.

It seems they've been blind sided by Samsung and are rather stunned.

It's time for them to get up and get with the program. They can do it, if they regain their confidence.
maxosx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:17 AM   #15
Badrottie
macrumors 68020

Tim Cook does not care about your pain he might say if you don't like iPhone 5 and future iPad 5, you don't need to buy either one.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:19 AM   #16
acorntoy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwilson View Post
Too bad, because I do.
This. The majority would rather have a thinner and lighter iPad.

Besides, the iPad is quite bulky, I think it could loose a bit of weight without feeling "cheap".
acorntoy is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:20 AM   #17
smoking monkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Jesus Christ!!!!
Nah mate, you're wrong! Thinner, lighter and a better design is the ipad mini. Go try one out in the shops. they look great and feel great.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:04 AM   #18
unobtainium
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
First we get a horribly designed iphone 5 ( a step down in looks from the 4s)
I don't understand how anyone could feel this way. Different strokes for different folks I guess, but each iPhone model has been more refined and more beautiful than the last. The anodized aluminum on the 5 looks so sleek, especially on the grey/black model.

When I hold a 4 or 4S now it feels heavy and thick and it just doesn't look as good. Not that it wasn't a beautiful phone in its time, but Jonny Ive just keeps topping himself imo.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:51 AM   #19
neutrino23
macrumors 65816

I really like the iPhone 5. And I'm looking forward to replacing my iPad 3 with the next version. It will be thinner and lighter and faster with a better display and equal or better battery. Anything else they do to it will be gravy.
neutrino23 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 04:00 AM   #20
trvsglr
macrumors member

I think I'll look forward to a lighter iPad. One of the reasons why I switched to the mini was it was very comfortable to hold after a long period of time. It's also easier to smuggle to work in my lunch box
trvsglr is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:04 AM   #21
WilliamLondon
macrumors 68000

Couldn't disagree more, I love the design of the iPhone 5 and even more I think the design of the mini is one of the the most beautiful devices I've seen, and the best thing is how it feels to hold and use. Both feel so solid and you know you're holding a device of high quality, and I love that, I own both, use both and neither are scratched or scuffed. I think they're both gorgeous devices.

If the iPad 5 gets "the mini treatment" I think it'll be a great thing and I think based on how mini owners feel about their devices and what a hit it's been, the iPad 5 will be a big hit. Can't wait to see.
WilliamLondon is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:55 AM   #22
SeanR1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badrottie View Post
Tim Cook does not care about your pain he might say if you don't like iPhone 5 and future iPad 5, you don't need to buy either one.
At some point he will care when enough people feel "pain." Market share will keep dropping and eventually profits will follow. They have enough cash and "popularity" right now to not care, but I think reality will start hitting eventually.

The "go buy something else" will change to "please don't buy something else" eventually.
SeanR1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:12 AM   #23
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:

Jesus Christ!!!!
Stopped reading at "loosing"! Get over it! The current design is dated, the iPhone 5 design is fantastic as is the Mini. Jesus Christ won't help you, but a dictionary might...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamLondon View Post
Couldn't disagree more, I love the design of the iPhone 5 and even more I think the design of the mini is one of the the most beautiful devices I've seen, and the best thing is how it feels to hold and use. Both feel so solid and you know you're holding a device of high quality, and I love that, I own both, use both and neither are scratched or scuffed. I think they're both gorgeous devices.

If the iPad 5 gets "the mini treatment" I think it'll be a great thing and I think based on how mini owners feel about their devices and what a hit it's been, the iPad 5 will be a big hit. Can't wait to see.
Ditto
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:46 AM   #24
MarkG21
macrumors regular

If The Ipad 5 resembles the ipad mini at all, I will have a dellimma on to which one to buy. I got rid of my ipad 3 for my mini.
MarkG21 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:50 AM   #25
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a

Just stick with the iPad 4 and stop whining. Man, I can't believe the sense of entitlement. If you don't like it, don't buy it!! Go get a Xoom or something.

Luis2004 is offline   5 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad