Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdharia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Hey everyone,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 and i have reached my data limit and the message letting me know constantly pops up. I haven't been able to access my phone as I can't even swipe to type in my passcode and I can't swipe to completely shut the phone of either.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

SD

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Its probably a cracked tweak you installed.

So boot your phone holding + button while you boot and see if its gone then. All mobile substrate tweaks are disabled when you boot like this. Start deleting any cracked tweaks or cracked cydia apps.

Report back :)

sdharia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
Thanks for the response....I am holding the + button but nothing is happening. i am extremely novice with these types of things so excuse my ignorance in some of these questions. But by the + i'm guessing the volume button on the side; and if that is the case then yes nothing is happening. Also, the only screen i can see is the screen before you swipe to enter the passcode.

----------

ok got the phone to boot, but when i go to turn it back on it takes about 3 seconds for the message to start constantly popping up again and then i can't do anything.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Thanks for the response....I am holding the + button but nothing is happening. i am extremely novice with these types of things so excuse my ignorance in some of these questions. But by the + i'm guessing the volume button on the side; and if that is the case then yes nothing is happening. Also, the only screen i can see is the screen before you swipe to enter the passcode.

----------

ok got the phone to boot, but when i go to turn it back on it takes about 3 seconds for the message to start constantly popping up again and then i can't do anything.

Did it boot in safe mode?

sdharia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
it did not....how would i get it to do that. I am trying it the way that was advised and the same thing keeps happening.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
it did not....how would i get it to do that. I am trying it the way that was advised and the same thing keeps happening.

Have you tried holding down the power and home buttons until you see the apple logo, then once you see the apple logo release the two buttons and hold the volume up button until the phone completely loads. When its done loading, it should be in safe mode.

sdharia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
thanks that did work. Currently there is no constant message popping up so at least i can use the phone. much appreciated everyone

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
thanks that did work. Currently there is no constant message popping up so at least i can use the phone. much appreciated everyone

Sweet! So that means you have something installed from Cydia which is giving you the constant ad. Do you have any 3rd party apps installed or maybe some pirated tweaks? These can cause all kinds of problems and annoyances like the one you're experiencing. To fix your device, you need to figure out what the offending package is and remove it from your device.

sdharia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
After we jailbroke the phone, we installed "Data Usage Monitor" as you probably know it keeps track of the data usage and it cuts the data off once i hit the limit and can only use wifi. The problem was the message telling me i hit the limit would not stop popping up. I've used this package with the 4s and there were no problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.