Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svenn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
As far as I can tell, it's been crickets since media made the big brouhaha back in December. Have I missed anything?

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
Didn't it come out that it was really the ATV that was going to be made here, not the widely assumed new Mac Pro?

Nobody seems to have caught this, but at the State of the Union message Pres Obama mentioned that Apple was going to make "Macs" in the US again. The camera shifted to Cook in the audience and he looked very, very uncomfortable that people were now expecting that!

Actually I though the Pres did it on purpose to put some pressure on him.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Didn't it come out that it was really the ATV that was going to be made here, not the widely assumed new Mac Pro?

Nobody seems to have caught this, but at the State of the Union message Pres Obama mentioned that Apple was going to make "Macs" in the US again. The camera shifted to Cook in the audience and he looked very, very uncomfortable that people were now expecting that!

Actually I though the Pres did it on purpose to put some pressure on him.

Not that I have heard. Rumors are there are already iMacs shipped with "assembled in USA" (not all iMacs but some). And Tim further stated that he didn't just want to stop at assembly here in the US, but didn't elaborate. He also just said "2013" which in business speak usually means Nov-Dec 2013 at best....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.