Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loke2112

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2011
3 blocks off the Atlantic
Hello,

I think I need to restore this thing. It's been losing WiFi for no reason even while indicating it's connected but before I proceed I have a question. I ran a sync and back up via iTunes but still get the warning message and I'm paraphrasing " purchased items still remain on this iPhone and you will need to purchase again"

How can I resolve this? I deleted all my app data from the HD to open up space since I use the Cloud. Could this be the reason. Any pointers? Thanks for looking.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
Right-click the device and click "Transfer Purchases".

It will copy purchased content from the device to the computer.

Also, I don't know where you would see any indicator about having to repurchase anything. Apple hasn't had that policy for a long, long time.

Loke2112

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2011
Right-click the device and click "Transfer Purchases".

It will copy purchased content from the device to the computer.

Also, I don't know where you would see any indicator about having to repurchase anything. Apple hasn't had that policy for a long, long time.

Right click?? That doesn't do anything with my Mac running the latest iTunes. But thank you for answering.

Loke2112

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2011
Here is the exact message within iTunes that I see before the final step in starting a restore:

"There are purchased items on the iPhone “Loke's 4S” that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. If you restore this iPhone, these items will be erased and you will have to purchase them again. Are you sure you want to continue?"

What is it talking about? Music, Apps, Books should all be available via the Cloud correct?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Here is the exact message within iTunes that I see before the final step in starting a restore:

"There are purchased items on the iPhone “Loke's 4S” that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. If you restore this iPhone, these items will be erased and you will have to purchase them again. Are you sure you want to continue?"

What is it talking about? Music, Apps, Books should all be available via the Cloud correct?

Are the iPhone and iTunes using the same Apple ID?

If so, I would just go into purhcases on iTunes and download everything to iTunes that's on the phone. If you sync, it sounds like you'll have to do so anyways afterwards, but on both the phone and iTunes.

Loke2112

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2011
Are the iPhone and iTunes using the same Apple ID?

If so, I would just go into purhcases on iTunes and download everything to iTunes that's on the phone. If you sync, it sounds like you'll have to do so anyways afterwards, but on both the phone and iTunes.

Thanks and yeah same ID. I wish I could view purchased items on the phone some how. I haven't purchased much at all aside from apps and they are all available via the cloud so I can't understand what I may be losing. I guess I'll just move ahead as the WifI drop out is annoying as all get out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.