Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
I was so blown away with how great my first macbook air is, I decided to do a short review showing its pluses ...

http://youtu.be/HzkW9DVn380

i tried to be different and did the review as a short cinematic film (audio wise)

hope it helps anyone whos on the fence about buying the 11.7 MBA to make the right decision ...

i love mine, and i have a new 2012 imac too ...

if you like the video please like, sub and comment

thanks Macrumours

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2009
Great review! I returned mine though. I couldn't deal with the HORRENDOUS battery life. Reviews say it's lackluster, but the battery life is much worse than that. Such a shame because everything else about the Air is so nice.

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I just sold my iPad and would love to get an 11" MBA, but it would be very hard to deal with less than 5 hours of battery from such a high end device. Suppose Haswell will make a difference for anyone with the patience to wait.

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Great review! I returned mine though. I couldn't deal with the HORRENDOUS battery life. Reviews say it's lackluster, but the battery life is much worse than that. Such a shame because everything else about the Air is so nice.

tbh i havent used it much on battery ... when i use it on battery connected to my 46" tv the battery doesnt last very long at all but im guessing its because its having to work hard driving the tv etc ...

apart from that, its come a long way since the first one which was really weak specs ...

thnx for the kind words :)

iPhonesandMacs

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
I was so blown away with how great my first macbook air is, I decided to do a short review showing its pluses ...

http://youtu.be/HzkW9DVn380

i tried to be different and did the review as a short cinematic film (audio wise)

hope it helps anyone whos on the fence about buying the 11.7 MBA to make the right decision ...

i love mine, and i have a new 2012 imac too ...

if you like the video please like, sub and comment

thanks Macrumours

screens actually a 11.6 screen

yonyz

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
A very nice review, but as much as Airs look cool, there are much cheaper ultrabooks with comparable hardware.

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
screens actually a 11.6 screen

doh! ... thnx

----------

A very nice review, but as much as Airs look cool, there are much cheaper ultrabooks with comparable hardware.

its just not the same awesome experience using win doze though !

also you can get lots off if you are wise on the net, like using cash back sites in conjunction with 5% cashback also by using amex etc .. plus more ...

ha!

yonyz

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
Yeah I know what using OS X ML is like, I've used it on my PC for a few months.
The trackpad and keyboard are also great on MacBooks, that's known, but I just can't afford them.

volvik

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2010
Great review! They should be paying you...:)

I don't know about the Ultrabook being cheaper...I think if you were prepared to move to a 13 or > screen perhaps but the Ultra reviews I've seen have them at about the same price point or in some cases even higher

IIRC the Asus UX31A is the same size for about 800 or so and that's with the entry ssd of 128gb. When the price gap narrows I think I'd prefer to go with the Apple product for the quality, customer support and resale.

Just my .02 cents

yonyz

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2012
Well I'm actually canceling my Asus Zenbook UX31e purchase, everyone says it has a terrible keyboard and, being a student, that kills it for me.

I'm considering a Lenovo U310 though. The Verge says it has an excellent keyboard and a trackpad that actually works (on a Windows machine!).
It's an ultrabook by definition, but a bit heavier and thicker than other ultrabooks such as the Zenbook series, but hey, it's 550 USD new.

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Great review! They should be paying you...:)

I don't know about the Ultrabook being cheaper...I think if you were prepared to move to a 13 or > screen perhaps but the Ultra reviews I've seen have them at about the same price point or in some cases even higher

IIRC the Asus UX31A is the same size for about 800 or so and that's with the entry ssd of 128gb. When the price gap narrows I think I'd prefer to go with the Apple product for the quality, customer support and resale.

Just my .02 cents

lol thanks .. that would be nice to be sponsored by apple, but i was so impressed with the air i just wanted to make a video about it, i remember watching every video on youtube before i bought it .. many were just unboxings ..seen one unboxing, seen em all ha!

i really like how apple have always sorted any problems ive had over the years, only in december this year did i get an idiot guy on the phone with an attitude when my first late 2012 imac was doa but i rang back and got a really helpful irish girl who went the extra mile :)

ill be doing a normal video review of my new imac soon so maybe subscribe my youtube

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.