Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teelo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Originally my iPhone 5 just monitored cellular data and my tethering usage under one heading. (Settings>general>usage>cellular usage)
After an update to IOS6 it separated cellular usage and tethering usage. Ok no big deal, I can still track my usage with a little addition.

NOW after the latest update, it only displays my current cellular data usage and tethering usage has simply disappeared. It would also appear that the tether usage this month I used was not combined together with cellular. Implying that it is not keeping track of it anymore.

Is this Apples doing or my carrier?
Can I get it back?

jagdane

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
I'm having the same issue. After updating I realized that under settings>general>usage>cellular usage "Tether Data" is no longer listed. The difference between what's listed here as my usage and what my actual usage is... well.. it's absolutely absurd. showing 1.1gb used on my phone, however my provider shows that I have used 4gb. That's a huge difference. Someone must know what's up with this? Thankful I have a 6gb plan.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I'm having the same issue. After updating I realized that under settings>general>usage>cellular usage "Tether Data" is no longer listed. The difference between what's listed here as my usage and what my actual usage is... well.. it's absolutely absurd. showing 1.1gb used on my phone, however my provider shows that I have used 4gb. That's a huge difference. Someone must know what's up with this? Thankful I have a 6gb plan.

Are you using the built in Hotspot or a jailbreak tethering app?

See if your provider has a usage app. Most do.

jagdane

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
I'm with Virgin Mobile (Canada). There is no carrier app for the iPhone, which I might add is not jailbroken.

jagdane

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
That app is only for Australian data usage according to the website. I'm also wondering why Virgin didn't bother. I sure hope someone comes up with something for this issue.

jagdane

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
The new update 6.1.3 has arrived. After updating I'm still seeing the same issue.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
I had once that tether usage section but later it disappeared, cant make it back, tried everything but tethering works for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.