Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sohanangal

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
India
I bought my iPhone 5 in November. However, for the last 3-4 days, the power button is not working properly. I have to click it 5-6 times before the phone gets locked. It is really irritating. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

jaenicky

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2013
yeah it happened to me also.... but if i press it slight left of the centre it responds no problem. I have no issue with it at the moment but will certainly get it fixed later before my warranty runs out.

You can certainly take it to Apple store and im sure they will sort it out. Pretty common problem i hear.

bgl321

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
I had this problem. Took it to Apple and walked out with a new one.

I bought my iPhone 5 in November. However, for the last 3-4 days, the power button is not working properly. I have to click it 5-6 times before the phone gets locked. It is really irritating. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

iRepairParts

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
California
Take a look around this forum and you will find that this is a very common issue with the iPhone 5. Your iPhone 5 seems to have a defective power button.

I suggest taking it to an Apple store, and they most likely swap it out for you.

Good luck!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ

TheJae

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2008
HKG
Just want to add. I ran into this problem too last week, had it replaced for free by a genius. :apple:;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.