Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Original poster
He's six, blonde-haired and big blue eye with long eyelashes, not shy either. He started out by opening the front door the hostess was leaning on, so she nearly fell out of the place. He didn't quite know what to think once we got inside. Football games all over the tv's...then he saw the waitresses put the tickets on the wires where they slide them to the cooks, that was cool. We ordered and the girls were so nice...he decided he liked the place. Another waitress came over and leaned on the table and gave him some candy and talked to him a long time. Then he told our waitress about the wedding he's going to be in tonight (ringbearer, tux and everything). Chicken strips came with curly fries, waitress checked on us again. Another waitress talked to us...then he said "I like this place, it has great service!" I said it sure does, son, it sure does! He (and I) wishes there was one in our hometown.

Did I mention I'm in trouble with my wife and daughter???

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
iSaint said:
Did I mention I'm in trouble with my wife and daughter???
I bet you are...

I've never understood the appeal of Hooters (the restaurant at least) the food sucks and the girls are skanky as hell.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
mactastic said:
I've never understood the appeal of Hooters (the restaurant at least) the food sucks and the girls are skanky as hell.

I've actually heard the opposite. I've heard the food is really good and they're real nice there (no not like that :rolleyes: ;)). Maybe depends on the location.

And no, I have never been to one myself.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
tech4all said:
I've actually heard the opposite. I've heard the food is really good and they're real nice there (no not like that :rolleyes: ;)). Maybe depends on the location.

And no, I have never been to one myself.
It's only good if you think places like Applebees or TGIFridays or The Olive Garden are good restaurants.

And the girls are very nice. They work mostly for tips after all...

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
iSaint said:
Another waitress talked to us...then he said "I like this place, it has great service!" I said it sure does, son, it sure does! He (and I) wishes there was one in our hometown.
hahahaha that's hilarious...<3 little kids? :p

I hope the misses doesn't away your second son (your Mac, wink ;) )

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
mactastic said:
It's only good if you think places like Applebees or TGIFridays or The Olive Garden are good restaurants.

heh, I actually do like Applebees (was just there yesterday), so I guess the food might appeal to me then :)

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
tech4all said:
The chicken wings are actually not bad. I used to live near Buffalo, NY, so I know chicken wings, and outside of that area, Hooters wings are better than most that try to pass off some chicken-and-sauce things as wings. But other than that, yeah, the food does indeed suck, and the women tend to be a bit on the skanky side. But as you said, it depends on the location. If you want real gorgeous Hooters girls, go to the one in Honolulu. Personally I try to avoid Hooters though, but occasioanlly get dragged into one.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
mactastic said:

Umm, thats enough for me.

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
I went to a Hooters once. It was almost depressing. Really bad food, and the service wasn't all that great either. It seems the typical mentality of the Hooters girl is "Hi, I have boobies, give me money."

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
B105676R.jpg

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
there's a hooters at rivercenter mall, that's like basically sticking out into the corridor, blocking the path of anyone trying to walk past it, and it really annoys me. ive never been to a hooters so i have no idea what it's like, nor do i have any desire to go to one.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
PlaceofDis said:
i dont see any appeal really. :: shrugs ::

You get better and better all the time!

If I wanted bad food and a skanky waitress, I'd make PlaceofDis dress in the Hooters uniform.

Aaaahahaha, the things you have to do to live in my CFO closet! :)

/laughs maniacally
//serve me some vegan pie!
///PIE PIE PIE!
////2pi of PIE!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
You get better and better all the time!

If I wanted bad food and a skanky waitress, I'd make PlaceofDis dress in the Hooters uniform.

Aaaahahaha, the things you have to do to live in my CFO closet! :)

/laughs maniacally
//serve me some vegan pie!
///PIE PIE PIE!
////2pi of PIE!

kinky, fun! :p

but seriously, is taking your kid to hooters something to be proud of? is it a rite of passage or something? oh well i missed that memo

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
I have been to a Hooters once....that is all that I'll ever need. I would rather go to family-owned sports bars.

Hickman

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.