Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

westislander

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Montreal, Quebec Canada
Quick question guys/gals.

My Air is in tip top shape.
I was wondering, right before my Apple Care expires, would it be possible to bring my machine in and have it diagnosed/tested to see if any parts require replacing. A sort of preventive measure.

Also would they be willing to clean out the internals from dust and debris?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

ilifecomputer

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
CA
Quick questions guys/gals.

My Air is in tip top shape.
I was wondering, right before my Apple Care expires, would it be possible to bring in my machine in and have it diagnosed/tested to see if any parts require replacing. A sort of preventive measure.

Also would they be willing to clean out the internals from dust and debris?

Thanks in advance :)

my experiences with apple on any sort of repair have been purely first class. i bet if you made an appoitment, took it in, and told them exactly that they might giggle and joke around about it but then go ahead and check it out etc...

i once tore a cable trying to frankenstein some parts into my computer, went in WITHOUT apple care, came completely clean and they repaired it for free

westislander

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Montreal, Quebec Canada
I still have a year and a half or so left on my Apple Care but was always curious as to how far they would go. Eventually lots of dust accumulate on fan and in time will affect how well the machine cool itself.

Thanks for sharing @ilifecomputer :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.