Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:58 PM   #1
seble
macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 Music App Concept

Hey all, in my spare time thought i'd make a concept for what I think would make a cool iOS 7 music player app. Made it in Keynote, not something I've really done before but I think it turned out okay overall. It's quite short (ran out of time) but tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGUirgG2vQ

An interface much like iTunes 11 on the mac and similar to the iPad interface.

No horrible black bars, with gesture controls such as downwards swipe to see the music in an album, giving you the functionality of previous OS'es.

Last edited by seble; May 17, 2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: images added
seble is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2013, 04:32 PM   #2
Theadamh123
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to Theadamh123
Wow thats a really good concept, i hope apple take note!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 05:48 PM   #3
irDigital0l

Anything that's looks better than what Apple has right now works.

Also I assume the teaser at the end means your doing more, please do more.
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4
seble
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
Anything that's looks better than what Apple has right now works.

Also I assume the teaser at the end means your doing more, please do more.
Everyday I use iOS 7 it just reeks 'boring' to me.
Yeah I sure am, have a few ideas for that homescreen
seble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:18 AM   #5
seble
macrumors 6502a

Bump.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 03:24 PM   #6
brendu
macrumors 68000

I like it, looks clean and true to Apple style IMO. Hope Tim and Jony take note that people are coming up with better concepts in their spare time than Apple's developers are while getting paid...
brendu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 08:36 PM   #7
Slix
macrumors 6502

I like the idea! But, I do have to say I like being able to have a back button someplace on the main music control view. Can't wait to see what happens and if you have any other ideas in store!
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:26 PM   #8
pingjintao
macrumors newbie

Sharp!
pingjintao is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:21 AM   #9
kevpan815
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kevpan815
Quote:
Originally Posted by seble View Post
Hey all, in my spare time thought i'd make a concept for what I think would make a cool iOS 7 music player app. Made it in Keynote, not something I've really done before but I think it turned out okay overall. It's quite short (ran out of time) but tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGUirgG2vQ

An interface much like iTunes 11 on the mac and similar to the iPad interface.

No horrible black bars, with gesture controls such as downwards swipe to see the music in an album, giving you the functionality of previous OS'es.
How many times do I have to tell you guys the following: Apple is currently working on IOS 6.1.3 NOT IOS 7.0. I am in the Apple Developer Program so I have IOS 6.1.3 Beta 2!

IOS 7.0 will NOT even begin Beta Testing until WWDC in June/July and then it will go GM in the Fall 2013 which is when the IPhone 5S will come out, you guys who are hoping for an August Release of the IPhone 5S need to get real, how can they release IOS 7.0 and the IPhone 5S side by side in August when New IOS Builds don't even hit Beta until WWDC anymore? Just FYI.
kevpan815 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 01:15 AM   #10
seble
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
How many times do I have to tell you guys the following: Apple is currently working on IOS 6.1.3 NOT IOS 7.0. I am in the Apple Developer Program so I have IOS 6.1.3 Beta 2!

IOS 7.0 will NOT even begin Beta Testing until WWDC in June/July and then it will go GM in the Fall 2013 which is when the IPhone 5S will come out, you guys who are hoping for an August Release of the IPhone 5S need to get real, how can they release IOS 7.0 and the IPhone 5S side by side in August when New IOS Builds don't even hit Beta until WWDC anymore? Just FYI.
Ha you're joking right? I used to be on the developer program, I've had apps in the store. They tell you nothing consumers and tech companies won't know,of course they have ideas for ios 7 already. As a developer you know should know how long it takes to code something.

And besides... This way they have a chance to implement my idea
seble is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 01:43 AM   #11
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Just because Apple hasn't release iOS 7 to developers to beta-test does not mean they haven't started testing it internally. iOS 7 is probably in developing phase within their own iOS software team internally now, they will announce and release it to developers in June at WWDC 2013.
Beeplance is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 05:35 AM   #12
merrickdrfc
macrumors 6502

Quote:

iOS 7 will have been in the early stages of development before iOS 6 was even released. Developers get things early granted, but the software is basically almost there by the time we get it, except for obviously bug fixes and a few new features that are introduced in the later beta's.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 02:22 PM   #13
seble
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrickdrfc View Post
iOS 7 will have been in the early stages of development before iOS 6 was even released. Developers get things early granted, but the software is basically almost there by the time we get it, except for obviously bug fixes and a few new features that are introduced in the later beta's.
Exactly!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingjintao View Post
Sharp!
Thanks! Considering working on my concept for the home-screen I hope it's pretty unique
Old May 6, 2013, 10:42 AM   #14
Simplicated
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Do you expect them to open iOS 7 for developer testing without internal testing at all?
Simplicated is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 07:55 PM   #15
JoeyCloverfield
macrumors regular

I think the spacing between the edge of screen and between albums should be the same. Something like this.

I was to lazy to create icons so I used X as placeholders.
JoeyCloverfield is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 01:11 PM   #16
seble
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyCloverfield View Post
I think the spacing between the edge of screen and between albums should be the same. Something like this.

Wow I love whar you did with my concept, mine was just an idea but I just love how you polished it off!
Old May 7, 2013, 03:50 PM   #17
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyCloverfield View Post

Love the colour on the bottom strip, so sick of black and greys! Combine this with the album "opening" animation used in iTunes/Remote app and it is a real winner!
Old May 9, 2013, 04:28 PM   #18
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

I not like the idea of making album covers more prominent on the iPhone/iPod touch. They'll just make scrolling through your library on the small screen tedious IMO.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:26 AM   #19
cambookpro
macrumors 68040

I'm more concerned that Gotta Work by Amerie was playing when I opened this, with my entire library on shuffle... 0_o
Old May 11, 2013, 01:55 PM   #20
seble
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by APlotdevice View Post
I not like the idea of making album covers more prominent on the iPhone/iPod touch. They'll just make scrolling through your library on the small screen tedious IMO.
Well maybe apple will make the screen bigger ha just kidding, I know what you mean, but the design would allow for different 'view's on finding your content
Old May 12, 2013, 10:11 PM   #21
ASKendrew
macrumors regular

Really nice concept actually.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:19 PM   #22
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

Interesting bits and pieces. But the pulldown gesture would interfere with notification center on now playing screen. Plus everyone getting gesture happy sometimes dont realize that it just adds a level of non-intuitiveness. Right now a simple tap in music brings up controls.
jonnyb098 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 06:00 AM   #23
SELlewellyn
macrumors newbie

Great concept would love to see all of these implemented
SELlewellyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2013, 06:57 AM   #24
tRYSIS3
macrumors newbie

WOW that looks really bad ,you guys have WOAT taste.
tRYSIS3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2013, 07:01 AM   #25
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRYSIS3 View Post
WOW that looks really bad ,you guys have WOAT taste.
If you're going to come here and insult someone, please have the decency of at least using spell check.

OP, it isn't a bad concept. The polished off version done by another member is way better to me, but the concept isn't bad. By merely taking elements from iTunes, you added some sort of continuity between the player on the phone and iTunes. That is something Apple should do.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7