Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
I purchased a standard sim from ST last month and cut it down with a nano sim cutter, put in in and worked perfect
Today I took it out of my phone and was trying another sim for some reason, after that I put the ST sim back into my iPhone but it wont work anymore.. I waited for minutes, still NO SIM
I did everything..reboot, re-insert. Didnt fix it
I know I didnt break the sim slot cause I tried another sim card too
Anyone know what happened and how to fix this...Please...

Last edited:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I purchased a standard sim from ST last month and cut it down with a nano sim cutter, put in in and worked perfect
Today I took it out of my phone and was trying another sim for some reason, after that I put the ST sim back into my iPhone but it wont work anymore.. I waited for minutes, still NO SIM
I did everything..reboot, re-insert. Didnt fix it
I know I didnt break the sim slot cause I tried another sim card too
Anyone know what happened and how to fix this...Please...

I'm curious as well as this happened to me. I got a byod sim from WalMart and cut it to nano size but when I put it in my ip5 it says "no sim". The sim is good because using a micro adapter it works fine in my wifes ip4.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
I'm curious as well as this happened to me. I got a byod sim from WalMart and cut it to nano size but when I put it in my ip5 it says "no sim". The sim is good because using a micro adapter it works fine in my wifes ip4.

i had it working perfect on my iPhone 5 for half a month until I pulled it out and try another sim yesterday. I think the sim is broken:mad:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
i had it working perfect on my iPhone 5 for half a month until I pulled it out and try another sim yesterday. I think the sim is broken:mad:

Hmm, mine didn't ever work in the IP5. I've got another unactivated SIM I will try one of these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.