Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orijinal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
my friend can send me pictures while we are directly connected, but whenever i try to send something it says 'an error has occured, unable to send blah blah blah'

what's the deal?

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
orijinal said:
my friend can send me pictures while we are directly connected, but whenever i try to send something it says 'an error has occured, unable to send blah blah blah'

what's the deal?

it could be that your friend doesn't have a good enough connection, or you don't (meaning speed) or that one of you accidently hit the 'stop transfer' button, but those probably aren't likely in your case. are you both using ichat? there could be plenty of other things (file size, etc.) that could be causing this, i'm not sure what. all i know is that its happened to me, and it sucks, but it fixed itself somehow. also, it only happened with certain users. maybe their AIM isn't updated?

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
iChat doesn't ask AIM to direct connect like AOL. It just sends the file and the other iChat user can drag it fom the window to whereever they like. Simple :)

try downloading aim for mac and try sending the file again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.