Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

W1MRK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
Hi all.

I have the yellow screen issue on my mid 2010 imac. USing a 32" monitor for my photo worka nd keeping the imac to the side as a second monitor for small tasks and itunes. I went ahead and got a Thunderbolt/display port to hdmi adapter from amazon. Two different ones to be exact, and I am running into a issue on both.

I also have a macbook air late 2011. When I use the display port adapter on my 32" dynex via the imac it will run 1360x768 (native resolution for the Dynex) just fine with the use of SwitchResX4, it looks fantastic actually. However when the macbook air is attached the image seems cloudy and slightly out of focus.

When Thunderbolt hit did something change for the display port functions and quality. I am assuming its Thunderbolt btw as my imac does not have that feature, just the display port.

Thanks.

Mike

W1MRK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
Are the settings in Display Preferences the same for both machines?

I am running the imac screen at 1920x1080 60hz, the thunderbolt adapter goes to a Dynex 32" lcd running at 1360x768 60hz native resolution. Controlled via SwitchResX. Even after uninstalling SwitchResX I still get the same fuzzy results. Also getting the fuzzy image fromt he macbook air on a 40" Samsung HDMI

----------

Have you running a calibration on the macbook for the DP monitor?

I did not think of that. Can you do a profile for individual screens in display preferences?

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
I did not think of that. Can you do a profile for individual screens in display preferences?

Yep - Thats what I had to do for my Iiyama screen thru its hdmi port (but not for the TV which seemed fine on its own)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.