Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkauff

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
The Lightning connector on my iPhone 5 is starting to get loose. I often have to jiggle the cord to get a good connection. :(

Is this something they can fix at the Apple Store without replacing my phone? I've got a unit I'm very happy with, and I don't want a refurbished replacement.

norwegian wood

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
The Lightning connector on my iPhone 5 is starting to get loose. I often have to jiggle the cord to get a good connection. :(

Is this something they can fix at the Apple Store without replacing my phone? I've got a unit I'm very happy with, and I don't want a refurbished replacement.

i had this happen to mine. i think the new style connector is more sensitive to dust getting into the port then the older type connector, i cleaned out my port and all was well.

jkauff

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
i had this happen to mine. i think the new style connector is more sensitive to dust getting into the port then the older type connector, i cleaned out my port and all was well.
Good suggestion. I'll give that a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.