Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Mar 3, 2013, 02:27 PM   #1
88lover88
macrumors newbie

Ideas for a movies the beach

I want to make a movie at the beach but I don't have any ideas. If u have any ideas and are willing to share them with my, let me know what they are. You will be in the credits at the end of the movie if u let me use your idea.
88lover88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 03:22 PM   #2
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88lover88 View Post
I want to make a movie at the beach but I don't have any ideas. If u have any ideas and are willing to share them with my, let me know what they are. You will be in the credits at the end of the movie if u let me use your idea.
Are you going with friends? On your own?

How long? What's your budget? What equipment and crew do you have available to you?

Provide some more details and we can provide something useful.

If you are looking for idea creation help then focus on doing something very simple. Try telling a story with no words or try and have a story that is underneath the dialogue. Another example is to take some very simple dialogue and have it delivered in two ways that tell contrasting stories.

Your post doesn't really explain what you are after. Give some more context and I'm sure you'll get lots of help.
acearchie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 04:54 PM   #3
88lover88
macrumors newbie

Thats the problem I don't know what I want to do. I don't have a crew it's just me and my friend
Old Mar 3, 2013, 05:18 PM   #4
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Thats the problem I don't know what I want to do. I don't have a crew it's just me and my friend
I tried to help you out and said twice about providing more information.

What is this for? What is the point?
acearchie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 05:25 PM   #5
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

When you ask on the forum for ideas try and answer the questions which are put in front of you and be a bit more open regards what equipment you have and experience.
Then we can move on to the stage of giving you some ideas.
daybreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 07:54 PM   #6
88lover88
macrumors newbie

ok well its me and my friend going to hampden beach and we want to make a movie. we dont have special equipment just our iphones. we arent sure on what to have the movie be about. Can you help us?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:34 PM   #7
DP812
macrumors regular

Quote:
It seems like you're asking for story ideas, and this may not be the best place for that. This is mostly related to the technical side of things. You should search online for writers groups and try there if you're looking for help with the story.

Quote:
ok well its me and my friend going to hampden beach and we want to make a movie. we dont have special equipment just our iphones. we arent sure on what to have the movie be about. Can you help us?
If you want to make an actual movie with a story, even if it's a short film, then you'll need more than an iPhone to film it. iPhones are fine for taking short, casual videos, but you'll want dedicated camera and sound equipment if you want to make a movie.
DP812 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 03:09 AM   #8
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP812 View Post
If you want to make an actual movie with a story, even if it's a short film, then you'll need more than an iPhone to film it. iPhones are fine for taking short, casual videos, but you'll want dedicated camera and sound equipment if you want to make a movie.
I disagree. If it's a chance to make a short an iPhone is a good place to start as it keeps everything simple.

Quote:
Did you read my first post? I gave you some creative ideas and you seem to have ignored them? I don't understand how we are meant to help when we try and you just don't take it in!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 05:16 AM   #9
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

The best advice is.......Forget about ideas. Just go and play around. Video what takes your eye.
To really embrace the idea of you making a movie you need to invest.
All you props will be there and the people to make a fly on the wall video.
I say have fun and come back to the forum when you are more serious and can give us better information.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 03:25 PM   #10
designs216
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Now you tell me -- co-eds, giant alligators, large rubber sharks, flocks of piranha, undying psychos -- all that just went out the window. You don't even have enough manpower to shoot an iPhone commercial.
designs216 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 04:24 PM   #11
88lover88
macrumors newbie

This isn't a real movie it's just me and my friend. We are only 14 lol
Old Mar 4, 2013, 04:49 PM   #12
monokakata
macrumors 65816

Make a video about a 14 year old guy trying to make a movie with an iPhone. Interviews. Unacceptable footage. Great footage. Confusion. Anger. Joy.

One of you is the reporter and the other is the would-be filmmaker.

A documentary, see? You could go all post-modern and change off as filmmaker vs subject.
monokakata is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 03:44 AM   #13
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
There is no reason you can't be ambitious at that age. There is a lot of good information in this thread but it seems that you appear to have glazed over most of it.

What are you looking to get from this thread?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 04:47 AM   #14
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

As a 14 year old person i be very careful at to who you point that iPhone camera.
In all honesty forget the idea. iPhones are nice for family or capturing accidents etc,.
Get together with some people who have camcorder and then work from there.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 01:10 PM   #15
puckhead193
macrumors G3

Quote:

make a harlem shake video
iPod Touch, 64 GB iPhone 5, 64 GB iPad 3
puckhead193 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 03:58 AM   #16
Randy McKown
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead193 View Post
make a harlem shake video
LOL .. because we all know that hasn't been overdone yet
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:25 PM   #17
Artful Dodger
macrumors 68020

I'll add a few links for the tech side so that you and your friends can be ready no matter your age, you should keep the second link in mind to practice with and the first one is just nice to have to start with fwiw.

Good luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwshg8mRSuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptz_ybNRavg

Also keep in mind there are some cool cheap lenses for iPhones to add. This is all for playing around and nothing serious but it can help create a story board if you don't have an artist, can't draw or sketch or are alone so take it for what it's all worth… low budget, no money and using what you have. You can make some cool stuff but if your story just sucks it's all for nothing.

There have been some great ideas for you here, now it's up to you to do the rest and have fun

PS, when I was your age I worked for a landscape company, made cash and bought art supplies with said money. There is always a way that is safe and healthy to get what you need and to build up fun stuff with a bit of effort, plus it gave me ideas for design which ended up in my favor, the owner liked my designs for landscape, he had me draw plans up so we both made more money and this added to my real creativity, not just cutting grass

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video