Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GordonGekko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Curious what you guys think would be a good price to sell my iPad 4 32 gb. I got it 2 months ago for Christmas and I just don't use it as much as I thought I would.

It is the extended warranty, flawless condition, with the Moshi origami case. My boss wants to buy it, so I want a fair price for both of us.

Appreciate the input.

Infinite Jest

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Harrisonburg, Va
I'd say around $500 for the tablet itself ($20-$50 lower than eBay assuming it's a wifi model, but after eBay fees that's about what you'd get anyway), $15 or $20 for the case, and about half (maybe a little less) of what you paid for the insurance. That's what I'd do, especially for my boss without losing too much money. All in all, somewhere between $550-$570 seems about right.

Last edited:

MacLovin78

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2008
I don't understand why people try to include the cases for their iPads as part of the selling price. I recently was trying to trade for an iPada mini and the guy kept insisting that the $50 case and $20 screen protector he bought added to the value of the mini. From my perspective, it was a case I would not want or use and couldn't resell for much if at all anyway and I could care less that he spent the money on the screen film which I would probably have to replace anyway. I would say to look at ebay for what the same model is selling for and add on the applecare+ value at about $75 and make that your offer. If he wants the case then that is a good negotiating point but if not then cut your losses.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Cases or accessories should not be included...

I disagree.

Unless you are getting another iPad they will work with they will just be sitting around. You won't get much for them separately, and it can make your ipad look more attractive than a similar one without them. You can also list two prices, with and without accessories, in your ad.

Almy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
I've been checking Craigslist prices in several cities for used iPads. You could definitely get $500 or more for it. Altho guys like me would rather spend a little more and get a new one.

Jaimeguate

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2013
I have an iPad 4 32gb wifi. I have paid $500 with charger and smart case. I am from guatemala.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.