Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
Net10 $50 more dollars for the unlimited everything plan
Straighttalk $45

Trying to get the ST AT&T sim but they ran out of it at this time, deciding weather not give Net10 a try for 5 more dollars, cause Net10's AT&T sims are available right now
For unlocked iPhone 5 (Prefer AT&T sim)
Have been using ST service before, happy with it, wondering is there any difference between their serivce
Net10 uses AT&T towers too?

Last edited:

Kevin813

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Have you tried going to settings -> carrier , and turning automatic off? You'll hafta wait like 2 minutes, then it will show you a list of all available gsm towers in the area. Then click t-mobile when it pops up.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
And data usually doesn't roam. So it is really only roaming for voice and sms.

Yep when connected to AT&T data dont work, not even 2G, and most of the time it connects to AT&T
They said cause of the 2G network(iPhone can only get 2G network on T-mobile) in my area is too weak so I can only connect to AT&T towers to at least get voice and text
Why do I need an iPhone 5 if no data activated?
iPhone users stay away from T-mobile monthly 4G prepaid plans!
Screw you T-Mobile

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Yep when connected to AT&T data dont work, not even 2G, and most of the time it connects to AT&T
They said cause of the 2G network(iPhone can only get 2G network on T-mobile) in my area is too weak so I can only connect to AT&T towers to at least get voice and text
Why do I need an iPhone 5 if no data activated?
iPhone users stay away from T-mobile monthly 4G prepaid plans!
Screw you T-Mobile

That's more a problem with coverage in your area, but yeah, definitively "Screw you, T-Mobile". Even though they announced on December 20th, 2012 that New York has iPhone-friendly 4G.
Looks like you'll have to go back to StraightTalk. Or move to the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens or Staten Island.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
That's more a problem with coverage in your area, but yeah, definitively "Screw you, T-Mobile". Even though they announced on December 20th, 2012 that New York has iPhone-friendly 4G.
Looks like you'll have to go back to StraightTalk. Or move to the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens or Staten Island.

Yep definitely switching back to ST or try Net10, cause the AT&T ST sim are not available at the time. Please help with my concerns if u have any idea!

Giuly

macrumors 68040
This StraightTalk SIM for AT&T
614oqT4b%2B6L.jpg

can be cut to Nano SIM with a Nano SIM Cutter, as it has a small chip in the appropriate size.

corvus32

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
USA
lol 70-100 bucks for an AT&T ST sim card?

You can get a three pack of Net10 ones for $15 at your local Bestbuy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.