Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ferrari and Apple are in talks to expand their partnership on in-car entertainment, reports Bloomberg. Ferrari Chairman Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo said the company would be "more precise" over the next few months, though its unclear what exactly Di Montezemolo meant.

laferrari.jpg
Ferrari's new 963 horsepower 'LaFerrari' hybrid hypercar was introduced this week at the Geneva Motor Show, and Ferrari also announced that its four-seater FF coupe will now incorporate a pair of iPad minis into the seats for use by the rear passengers.
Ferrari's 12-cylinder GT sports car prowess is represented at Geneva by the FF, the very first four-seater and four-wheel drive in Prancing Horse history. It will be sporting a Grigio Ingrid livery with an elegant glass roof and Iroko interior. The FF is also now seamlessly integrated with Apple technologies, thanks to direct access to the infotainment system via SIRI voice commands and the adoption of two iPad Minis as the entertainment system of choice for the rear seat passengers.
Eddy Cue, Apple's senior vice president in charge of Internet Software and Services joined Ferrari's board of directors late last year.

(Image of the LaFerrari courtesy Máté Petrany/Jalopnik)

Article Link: Ferrari and Apple in Talks to Expand Relationship, iPad Mini Now Standard in FF Coupe

UnfetteredMind

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
Been waiting for them to finally integrate iOS devices into their cars, now I can finally purchase :D

EDIT: Just watched the intro vid, scratch everything I said, if I had that engine behind me, I wouldn't want to listen to anything else!

bjm2660

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Virginia
Luigi: I must scream it to the world, my excitement from the top of someplace very high. Do you know many Ferraris?

Lightning McQueen: No, no, no, they race on the European circuit; I'm in the Piston cup.

[Luigi and Guido frown at McQueen]

Lightning McQueen: What?

Luigi: Luigi follow only the Ferraris.

uknowimright

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2011
well when the guy in charge of Siri and Maps is on the Ferrari board I bet it's easy to get things like this done

great news for the 0.1% of the world that would ever consider getting a ferrari...

However I would love to see Apple start integrating better into a bunch of major car companies. Ferrari might be a good first step. I think another company that Apple should partner with ASAP is Tesla. Their DNA is extremely similar

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
Wait, does this say for the 'rear-seat' passengers?
Guess that means operating the mini with you nose..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.