Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
It was much better before the update. Now the battery seems to last half as long.

And I find this weird because 6.1.2 made a big improvement in my iPhone's battery life.

I've backed up, erased, and restored at least 3 times but my iPad's battery still sucks. Anyone have any tips? Idk how updating this device causes it to worsen when it should be the other way around.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
It was much better before the update. Now the battery seems to last half as long.

And I find this weird because 6.1.2 made a big improvement in my iPhone's battery life.

I've backed up, erased, and restored at least 3 times but my iPad's battery still sucks. Anyone have any tips? Idk how updating this device causes it to worsen when it should be the other way around.

If you want to complain I would at least know exactly what you are getting now vs. before.

"Seems to last" is just a guess in my book....that's not to say you are not seeing a problem.

I skipped 6.1.2 mostly because it is no compatible with Jailbreak (should I decide I want to do that).

Brandon0448

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
If you want to complain I would at least know exactly what you are getting now vs. before.

"Seems to last" is just a guess in my book....that's not to say you are not seeing a problem.

I skipped 6.1.2 mostly because it is no compatible with Jailbreak (should I decide I want to do that).

6.1.2 is fully compatible with evasi0n. My iPhone and iPad are both jailbroken on 6.1.2.

My iPad's battery life is still amazing.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
From 100%, my ipad 2 dropped to 99% faster than before but to get to around 22%, i have 12 hrs uses with wifi on and off for web browsing, downloading movies, clips. Play music, games pretty much what you can do with a tablet so i wouldn't say the battery is better or worse.

I kept mine at home so it still manage 3-4 days per one charge.

On a seperate note, i want to get a mini for better battery and weight but i read many wifi issue and mine has none so im sticking with the 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.