Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
my GF couldn't drag pictures from her iphoto to her desktop this morning.
so i tried a bunch of things, finally had her use the Export function.

then...tried it on my mac and same thing. the recent java update? too much of a coincidence that it's not working for me either.

anyone else???

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
What has Java to do with iPhoto and a Folder? (The Desktop is a Folder)

Kinda odd that a Java update would create this problem, but hey it's Java!

no idea, just thought that was the only recent update i've run...or was there an iphoto update? i can drag a few pics, but as soon as i select more than 4 or 5...nothing drags...

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
no idea, just thought that was the only recent update i've run...or was there an iphoto update? i can drag a few pics, but as soon as i select more than 4 or 5...nothing drags...

I don't have the latest of both, my Java (internet plugin-I think) is the former update, and my iPhoto is 9.3.2, is a 750 MB download, too much for me right now so I can not check, I did it with this version and it works without a glitch.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I don't have the latest of both, my Java (internet plugin-I think) is the former update, and my iPhoto is 9.3.2, is a 750 MB download, too much for me right now so I can not check, I did it with this version and it works without a glitch.

yeah, it was working for both of us just last week... :(

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
The last time I tried dragging from iPhoto it worked. This is the technique I rely on for getting photos from photostream to my filesystem with all the original file dates and metadata intact so if drag and drop quit working all of a sudden I'd be really upset.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
The last time I tried dragging from iPhoto it worked. This is the technique I rely on for getting photos from photostream to my filesystem with all the original file dates and metadata intact so if drag and drop quit working all of a sudden I'd be really upset.

it worked within the last week, so...odd that it's not working for both of us today. again, you can go to File>Export...but drag&drop is definitely easy, and...needed..!

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
just curious: are others experiencing this?? chime in (please...)

If it turns out this is true, I might just have to switch off Photostream and go back to using my cat leash, ahem I mean USB cable and image capture to get my photos and metadata off my iPhone 5. I'll post an update when I get a chance to try this out later tonight or tomorrow. I've got all the software updates so if it works for me when I try it now I'll consider that to be a very good thing.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
it's an odd one. i dragged 8 pix to my desktop; worked. then tried dragging about 15 pics, and...nothing happened...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.