Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jokersmild

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Howdy, I am having an issue with the default times that wallpapers cycle through on my desktop. I use this mac in a dj booth in a bar and the third monitor is broadcast to several monitors around the room. The default times that are listed for the pictures to cycle through are either too short (5 seconds) or too long ( 1 minute). I would like to make an option appear on the drop down menu that has 10 seconds. I have edited the com.apple.desktop.plist to make it 10 seconds and it worked great... until the dj changed it to 5 seconds or the computer restarted. Is there a way to make an option for 10 seconds appear permanently in the drop down menu? Screen shot of my com.apple.desktop.plist : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2U-Imd4Ss...een+shot+2013-03-06+at+11.25.14+AM-702865.png
Any help would be appreciated. Apple is a bit shortsighted for only having 5 seconds and 1 minute intervals... Just saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.