Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gibson88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
United Kingdom
I've been reading some old threads on MacBook Air Sleeves but I still can't find what I'm looking for.

I wan't something like this;

L1It+

But not as expensive and available in the UK.

I just want a plain sleeve type case without a zip. I don't mind if my MacBook is a little exposed.

Can anyone recommend me anything?

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
I have a crumpler the fug sleeve. It is pretty slim while still providing some cushion and no zipper. If you use this with another larger bag I think its perfect.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
Not sure about the UK availability but I have an Acme Made Skinny sleeve and rather like it.
18-51-Catalog_Image.jpeg

Spoonz

macrumors member
May 16, 2012
Probably not what you're looking for, but I really like this sleeve:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0068ZU7VI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was after something cheap and simple after my old sleeve needed replacing, and bought it just because I needed a sleeve/case quickly - I didn't think I'd be very impressed, but for £10 did it anyway. 4/5 months down the line and I'm really pleased with it, well made and looks pretty slick.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I have the Rainsuit sleeve from Cool Bananas and am fully satisfied. It's the old version with no zipper, the Rainsuit P2 has got one.

Don't know about UK availability though

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Moshi Muse rocks! One of the finest sleeve you can buy in terms of quality of material and fit and finish.

konicky

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
LArobe pictures

The notes for the second image say it all.

Except they don't!! The zip never comes close to the laptop, first image shows this better and even if it did the zips plastic so won't mark the aluminium anyway.

Mine's been in and out of this case several times a day for over two years without a single scratch.

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
Just saw the acme made sleeve today at the apple store in London's regent street.

rchip

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
Except they don't!! The zip never comes close to the laptop, first image shows this better and even if it did the zips plastic so won't mark the aluminium anyway.

Mine's been in and out of this case several times a day for over two years without a single scratch.

I have this case, it's the best case I've used by far. It somehow protects really well and the zip does not scratch it at all. The case is the perfect size, other cases like the incase pictured about with no zip are too snug. If the case is too snug it makes it difficult to get the mba in and out.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I bought the Côte&Ciel 13" Zip Sleeve from the Apple Store. Fit is really nice, and has good protection to avoid the zips scratching the device.

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
Has anyone tried the cheapo envelope looking fake leather sleeves you get on ebay and amazon?

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
If you can find one, the Incipio Orion sleeve is worth a look ... nice looking, inexpensive, and usually to be found in something approaching a neutral color. It leaves a bit of the laptop exposed so you can withdraw the MBA with your fingers, but that's probably the only drawback.

I have used the 11" Acme sleeve and was disappointed to find that it left rather unsightly black smudges on my Wrapsol. I'd recommend the Acme products only if you have no "skin" on your MBA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.