Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

pathapplogo.png
Path, the "personal social network," announced on its blog today that its iOS app has been updated to version 3.0.1, adding private messaging, "stickers" and a curated store for photo filters called The Shop.

Within the new private messaging, users can send each other "stickers," text, voice notes, locations and more. Path detailed the new feature on its blog:
One-to-one and group messaging is made for the smaller, more personal conversations that you want to have on Path. It includes text, voice, location, stickers, songs, books, movies, photos, and videos. There's utility and context. For example, if you're running late, you can tap the location button to let a friend know where you are. Or if you don't have free hands to type, you can record a voice message.
pathapp.png

"Stickers" are pieces of art created by Path's in-house artists as well as artists like David Lanham and Hugh MacLeod that work in a similar way to emojis.

Path for iOS is a universal app that's available in the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Path Updates iOS App with Private Messaging, 'The Shop', and More

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
It's such a great app. Too bad I can't get any of my friends to use it. I may remove this from my iPhone finally. Stickers? :rolleyes:

jsep

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Carlsbad, CA
One of the few social apps where I don't care if anyone else is on it. It works as a great personal diary of all the things I do. I do have 15 close friends that post on it, and that seems like enough.

Nebulance

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
Wow. I wonder if Path will be getting a letter from Pinterest soon...

Or a letter from the Philadelphia Phillies...

haha! Well, one could argue that the 'D' shape in the P is ever so slightly different for all three. But yeah, I immediately thought of the Phillies when looking at it...

By the way, can someone tell me the difference between this and Twitter? I've never used path, just curious.

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Its a shame because its such a beautifully designed app. It puts Facebook to shame.

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
last thing on my Path feed happened a year ago...

Same. I started using the app very early on and it was neat for a little while. But I have since completely forgot this app exists.

----------

By the way, can someone tell me the difference between this and Twitter? I've never used path, just curious.

Path is more comparable to Instagram. It's for sharing photos. It also includes some of the same filters (I have never actually used Instagram but I believe this to be true)

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I've been using Line with my family over seas and it works quite well. With two MAJOR issues. 1) There is no iPad version, and 2) Your account is tied to your device, thus for people like myself who have an iPhone and iPad we have to have TWO different accounts . . . which is just stupid.

So, that being said, I'd like to play with Path and see if it would be a good replacement. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

BTW, considering that we speak different languages and I cannot read their language at all (I use google translate to keep up, it work OK). Using stickers (which line has a ton of free ones) helps a lot to convey emotion and feeling. Are ANY of the Path stickers free?

cms2

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2007
Texas
I have managed to get six of my closest friends on Path, and it is now my default social network. I like that with one click I can share a photo, location, or status update to facebook as well if I want to.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Its a shame because its such a beautifully designed app. It puts Facebook to shame.

Totally agree. Facebook should be ashamed of the crappy buggy app when Path have managed to create such a gorgeous app like this. Shame no one uses it.:confused:

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
I have managed to get six of my closest friends on Path, and it is now my default social network. I like that with one click I can share a photo, location, or status update to facebook as well if I want to.

Nice try, marketing executive for Path.

nashyo

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2010
Bristol
It doesn't work. I have tried several times but I can't send messages or find my location. I have tried in several locations, even when network tests with other apps are positive.

I really want it to work. Has anyone had issues? Ive only recently been introduced to it, so Is the latest version the best so far?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.