Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:46 PM   #1
Radiating
macrumors 6502a

Anyone else feel that the iPhone 5S will be very disappointing?

With the iPhone 4S, Siri was a huge deal, and because programs lagged and camera quality was an issue, the spec bump was very welcome.

With the iPhone 5S, any update to Siri will be pointless, it's programs don't lag, and the camera is very good. So if they go through the same upgrade path it will be a huge disappointment.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
Radiating is offline   0
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Looon
macrumors 6502a

No you are literally the only one. Congratulations on that
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:57 PM   #3
Cody21
macrumors 6502a

Thats a clown question, bro
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:59 PM   #4
sectime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody21 View Post
Thats a clown question, bro
Nice
sectime is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:16 AM   #5
Mellisaray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
With the iPhone 4S, Siri was a huge deal, and because programs lagged and camera quality was an issue, the spec bump was very welcome.

With the iPhone 5S, any update to Siri will be pointless, it's programs don't lag, and the camera is very good. So if they go through the same upgrade path it will be a huge disappointment.

it is hard to say right now, and i still expect it will have big change in iPhone 5S.
Mellisaray is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:40 AM   #6
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellisaray View Post
it is hard to say right now, and i still expect it will have big change in iPhone 5S.
Have you not noticed what the 3GS, 4S, and 5S will all have in common? The 5S will be the exact same as the 5 except for some minor spec bumps.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 01:00 AM   #7
areyes163
macrumors member

I have a feeling this time around we will be surprised by the next iPhone. I know history is not on my side here but I have a feeling we might just see a completely new iPhone. Bigger screen, more memory, and a more "robust" operating system with a few more "tweaks". Just me but I hope that's the case. Good to have dreams 😄
areyes163 is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 01:02 AM   #8
Jaro65
macrumors 68040

Send a message via Skype™ to Jaro65
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDudeAsking View Post
Have you not noticed what the 3GS, 4S, and 5S will all have in common? The 5S will be the exact same as the 5 except for some minor spec bumps.
Well, not sure about "minor". Though it depends on your definition. I thought my 4s was actually quite a bit better than the 4 I used to have.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 01:22 AM   #9
irDigital0l

Hopefully iOS 7 does not disappoint. The iPhone 4S was pretty much a software upgrade including Siri, AirPlay Mirroring, iCloud, iOS 5.

If it does, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I'll keep using my iPhone 4, maybe I'll switch to Android.

I'll wait and see and then make a decision.
irDigital0l is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 02:04 AM   #10
F123D
macrumors 68040

Seems like the next phone will be all about iOS7. Hopefully apple doesn't disappoint.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 02:15 AM   #11
LouieSamman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by F123D View Post
Seems like the next phone will be all about iOS7. Hopefully apple doesn't disappoint.
I don't think we will be disappointed with iOS7 with Jony Ive working on the UI of it.

As for features, who knows. Hopes there's lots along with the UI update.
LouieSamman is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 07:57 AM   #12
lamerica80
macrumors 6502

For the few Iphone 5 users eagerly waiting for an upgrade it will be a "dissapoitment" since its a minor upgrade, however i think most of us are on 12-24 month contracts anyway. Im not changing phones this summer, i just got my 5.

For 4s users it will be an even better upgrade.
lamerica80 is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:27 AM   #13
Jimmy James
macrumors 68000

So you're anticipating the possibility of being disappointed because the 5 is so good? What a world we live in.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieSamman View Post
I don't think we will be disappointed with iOS7 with Jony Ive working on the UI of it.

As for features, who knows. Hopes there's lots along with the UI update.
You think they're going to have a revamped os ready for release inside of a year, headed up by a (brilliant) guy who doesn't have this task as his sole focus.
Jimmy James is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:49 AM   #14
AFDoc
In Time-Out

Anyone feel this thread is disappointing?
AFDoc is offline   4
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:55 AM   #15
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:

Why don't you wait until it is announce before telling the world how disappointed you are about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
Anyone feel this thread is disappointing?
I do!
ucfgrad93 is offline   2
Old Mar 7, 2013, 09:02 AM   #16
sviato
macrumors 68000

No, I think Apple will surprise everyone and put out a real gamechanger that's ahead of the curve.

jk, incremental update. Hopefully iOS7 has something decent though (let's put fingerprint scanner off of the table)
sviato is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 09:13 AM   #17
nefan65
macrumors 65816

Quote:

I'm disappointed in myself for reading this thread.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 09:21 AM   #18
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
With the iPhone 5S, any update to Siri will be pointless,...
Ha! Awesome. You're really pushing the boundaries forward here...really thinking outside the box...really getting creative and using your imagination...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 09:31 AM   #19
OSxiPro
macrumors member

I was going to upgrade to the 5 but thought I would skip it so even if the 5S is just a spec bump it will be a nice upgrade.

The main thing for me is what IOS7 will bring though. I have seen some good android devices lately but I don't really want to switch because of all the apps I have got but if iOS7 doesn't change much I might just have to. I just really hope I don't need to abandon iPhone though.

Fingers crossed Ive can do some real magic.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:09 AM   #20
dvoros
macrumors 6502

disappointing

Yes, I believe the iPhone 5s will be a very minor upgrade. That means any big change will be next year. Meanwhile, Samsungs new phone will be outstanding. Time to make a switch.

Bye Apple
dvoros is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:11 AM   #21
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020

For regular joes NO, but for sure YES for any troll lovers on the interweb!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:16 AM   #22
ZombiePete
macrumors 6502a

The only way you could be disappointed is if it doesn't live up to your expectations; since nothing has been officially stated or released from Apple about what to expect, your expectations are really just wishful thinking. So when the 5S is released and you find yourself disappointed, the only person you have to blame is yourself.

It's been pointed out several times by several people that the "S" release cycle is usually just a slight spec bump and maybe a feature or two that really distinguishes it from the rest. So if you align your expectations accordingly you probably won't be disappointed.

I'm pretty realistic about iPhone releases and thus have never been disappointed.
ZombiePete is offline   1
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:26 AM   #23
MrGIS
macrumors regular

Quote:

Seems many of us feel your question is goofy....
MrGIS is offline   1
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:52 AM   #24
walmartmartyr
macrumors 6502

I doubt the next version of the iphone will be a big deal, better processor, "better" spec camera (not necessarily better pics), maybe fingerprint reader (expensive addition), color variations maybe. But it'll make me want to upgrade anyway.
walmartmartyr is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:23 AM   #25
TyPod
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDudeAsking View Post
The 5S will be the exact same as the 5 except for some minor spec bumps.
I hope so.
TyPod is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland