Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jttwm23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Hi,

When using my secondary display, HDTV, which is being mirrored, I'd like to have the different windows, fonts, and the menu bar smaller in size or the size I see them on the macbook itself. I want to have more desktop space on the TV display so that I can have multiple windows opened at the same time. I'm probably doing a bad job explaining what I want to do, but that's the best I can explain. I hope someone can help.

jttwm23

Last edited:

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Hi,

When using my secondary display, HDTV, which is being mirrored, I'd like to have the different windows, fonts, and the menu bar smaller in size or the size I see them on the macbook itself. I want to have more desktop space on the TV display so that I can have multiple windows opened at the same time. I'm probably doing a bad job explaining what I want to do, but that's the best I can explain. I hope someone can help.

jttwm23

Turn off mirroring then? Then you set the resolution to anything on either monitor and put entirely different items on one screen vs the other. There's a setting in the displays to turn mirroring on and off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.